- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Carnival Cruise line released the following statement regarding Hurricane Beryl:

Carnival's Fleet Operations Center in Miami is actively monitoring forecasts for possible impacts to itineraries from Hurricane Beryl. Given Hurricane Beryl’s projected path, Carnival has adjusted the following itineraries: Carnival Horizon will add a visit to Nassau, The Bahamas on Friday, July 5....

Latest News...Oceania Cruises has marked an important milestone in the construction of its new 1,200-guest ship, Allura, at the Fincantieri shipyard in Sestri Ponente, Italy, bordering the famed seaport of Genoa. A landmark moment as the ship moves towards completion, the vessel was floated from the dry-dock and moved to the fitting-out berth to begin outfitting the luxurious, designer-inspired interiors....

Latest News...Crystal, the leader in exceptional cruise experiences, announced today the signing of a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with renowned Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri. This agreement marks the commencement of the construction of two groundbreaking ships that will redefine high-end travel on the seas.The 690-passenger (based on double occupancy), 61,800-gross-ton ships ...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » WHERE'S EVERYONE'S NEXT CRUISE (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: WHERE'S EVERYONE'S NEXT CRUISE
Crooza
First Class Passenger
Member # 92

posted 09-03-2000 01:39 PM      Profile for Crooza     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi all: Those of us who reside in "Northern" climates that hibernate during the summer months, are starting to wake with thoughts of winter cruise planning - - and of course re-joining the cruise message centers of cyberspace.

We are past cruisers of three lines and have narrowed down our choices to HAL's "Maasdam" West. Carib itinerary OR Princess' "Sea Princess" (same itinerary).

All being equal, we'd opt for HAL, but the Princess deal ($) appears to be "kinder and gentler" this time around. In any event, can't wait for the Mayan Riviera and the snorkeling in the Caymans.

We'd welcome any comments on the "Sea Princess." Great travels to all!

cncservo
First Class Passenger
Member # 532

posted 09-03-2000 06:46 PM      Profile for cncservo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We will be cruising the Eastern Caribbean in Feb. Traveling on the Explorer of the Seas or Carnival Victory.
yoshii
First Class Passenger
Member # 1125

posted 09-03-2000 08:03 PM      Profile for yoshii   Email yoshii   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Couple of members of the family getting together and try out the MS Sundream on the Panama cruise in December. Hoping to see some good sites out there.
Posts: 19 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Seadaze
First Class Passenger
Member # 1456

posted 09-03-2000 08:14 PM      Profile for Seadaze   Email Seadaze   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We will be sailing Panama Canal/Hawaii cruises back to back in March/April 2001 on Celebrity's new Infinity. Sure hope it comes out on time, we're really looking forward to this new ship.
Posts: 11 | From: Louisville, KY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
hooked on cruising
First Class Passenger
Member # 1221

posted 09-03-2000 08:17 PM      Profile for hooked on cruising   Email hooked on cruising   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, our wee cruise on Carnivals Sensation next Mrach break sure sounds dull compared to all these, but hell we're looking forward to it. We stop at Cozumel, New Orleans and Playa de palma (I think)
Posts: 243 | From: London,Ontario,Canada | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
ocngypz
First Class Passenger
Member # 1555

posted 09-03-2000 08:53 PM      Profile for ocngypz   Email ocngypz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Came back on 8/20 from the Pacific Princess to Bermuda. Next cruise: 11/29 - 7 night loop from San Juan on Seabourn Pride.

Still looking for something April/May 2001.

Posts: 343 | From: Newport, RI USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
obx
Just Boarded
Member # 1559

posted 09-05-2000 09:38 AM      Profile for obx   Email obx   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NAL...

sailing on the zaandam on 11/03/00 and cannot wait.now living in florida (how do you find a florida agent from whom to get last minute deals?) and it is so much easier driving to the pier. i still get a thrill at the first sight of those beauiful blue and white HAL ships. looking forwardto a stop in port of spain, where we lived when my husband opened the trinidad hilton many years ago!

quote:
Originally posted by NAL:
sympatico.....

My September trip to England was cancelled
many weeks ago. I am booked in Sept.2001
with Celebrity to Bermuda....on the Zenith.
Am going with 5-6 others from my Wednesday
night Bluegrass group. I will do a Jan. or
Feb. trip from FL.....have done this before.
It's possible to get a great last-minute
rate from a FL agent.....it's usually last
minute cancelations and you must be willing
to go at a moments's notice. As I'll be in
FL visiting my folks, it works out well. I
may even get on HAL.

Posts: 8 | From: wellington, florida,usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Maggie
First Class Passenger
Member # 1174

posted 09-05-2000 09:48 AM      Profile for Maggie   Email Maggie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Grandeur of the Seas - DEC 9-16. First cruise and first time in the Caribbean. San Juan - San Juan.
Posts: 16 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bernard
First Class Passenger
Member # 1038

posted 09-05-2000 10:01 AM      Profile for Bernard     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Noordam mediteranean in October, Rotterdam transatlantic in April 2001. Amsterdam Baltic in July 2001.

Bernard, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Posts: 94 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
jmfleser
First Class Passenger
Member # 1141

posted 09-05-2000 11:11 AM      Profile for jmfleser   Email jmfleser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We'll be on the Crown Princess on April 9 for a tour of the Panama Canal. I wish it were closer, I can't wait. It's been 2 years since our last cruise and I'm going through withdrawal.

Joan

Posts: 183 | From: Esperance, NY USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Patrick
First Class Passenger
Member # 364

posted 09-05-2000 11:38 AM      Profile for Patrick     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I“ll be on Black Sea Shipping Co.“s PALMIRA as from next Sunday. We“ll start from Palma de Mallorca for a Central Mediterranean cruise. Since the ship has been totally refurbished and started cruising exclusively for the German market again, it got lots of very positive reviews and ratings. Even though it“s a so called "cheap-cheap-cruise", I know it“s going to be a good one due to the unmistakable Ukrainian hospitality.
In Februray next year I“ll most probably go for a Pacific cruise, starting in Valparaiso / Chile, ending in Auckland / New Zeeland, with Sovcomflot“s MAXIM GORKIY.
I“ll let you know how it was.

Posts: 1680 | From: OSC Luxembourg | Registered: Nov 98  |  IP: Logged
LJH
First Class Passenger
Member # 1411

posted 09-05-2000 01:06 PM      Profile for LJH   Email LJH   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Going on my first Holland America cruise - Zaandam on 041301 to panama canal 22 days.
After hearing such praise of Holland America I can hardly wait. This will be my first three week cruise and my first to the Panama Canal. I am going solo, but not worried because passengers are always so friendly!

Posts: 11 | From: Coon Rapids, MN, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
LizB
First Class Passenger
Member # 1243

posted 09-05-2000 04:40 PM      Profile for LizB     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
obx...will be interested in the answer to your question to NAL.
Posts: 133 | From: S.Dennis,MA, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
neviboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 1527

posted 09-05-2000 06:15 PM      Profile for neviboy   Email neviboy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We did the Panama Canal in Nov. Find the crew sunbathing deck on the prow (the sharp end) to obtain the best shots of the canal. If you stop at Limon, get a local cabbie to take you to the same places as the ship excursion. You will get more with less hassle. Crown is first rate from every aspect. Pouring champagne over a pyramid of glasses at midnight is the cat's meouw.
Neville, Ft.Lauderdale.

Posts: 75 | From: Pompano Bch. Florida. USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
binkey36
First Class Passenger
Member # 1334

posted 09-05-2000 06:18 PM      Profile for binkey36   Author's Homepage   Email binkey36   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our next scheduled cruise is the Carnival Spirit, April 29, 2001, Panama Canal cruise. I believe it will also be the maiden voyage. Can't wait!
Posts: 14 | From: Mission Viejo, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
NAL
First Class Passenger
Member # 1102

posted 09-05-2000 08:40 PM      Profile for NAL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
obx....
Getting a last minute booking....you need
to find a few all cruise agencies in south
FL. Call them, ask if they have any last
minute deals. Many cruises lines will work
with agencies that give them a lot of busi-
ness by letting them know of last minute
availabilities. The cruise lines can often
sell cancelations without having to offer
air at the last minute which is often not
available. I have done this a couple of times
and it was reasonable.
Anything I left unanswered, let me know.
I have never driven to the pier in Ft Lauder-
dale, but I have been driven there and dropp-
ed off.....very convenient.

Posts: 2243 | From: Watsontown, PA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
DAMBROSI
First Class Passenger
Member # 100

posted 09-05-2000 10:31 PM      Profile for DAMBROSI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My hubby and I are going to be on the FANTASY on Nov. 5, just in about
2 months. Our next trip will be on
either the Soverign of the Seas or
the Sensation. I read that Port Canaveral is going to be getting more 7 day liners here. Let's hope so. Now, if I could get everyone to send me a shot glass from their cruise would'nt I be one happy gal.

[This message has been edited by DAMBROSI (edited 09-05-2000).]

Posts: 2554 | From: Florida, USA, Where the Legend SS NORWAY sailed from. Moving back to FL next yr. | Registered: May 99  |  IP: Logged
10X
First Class Passenger
Member # 2

posted 09-06-2000 09:49 AM      Profile for 10X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Southern Caribbean 2-4-01 on Ocean Princess.
Hawaii 2-27-02 on Vision of the Seas.

Posts: 51 | From: Lansing, MI USA | Registered: Mar 99  |  IP: Logged
Ali
First Class Passenger
Member # 1526

posted 09-06-2000 10:57 AM      Profile for Ali     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We're doing the Eastern Caribbean on HAL's Maasdam next May; our first time on HAL. An eternity to wait! After hearing the great reports about HAL ships, we can't wait to go and be pampered!
Posts: 26 | From: Defiance, Ohio USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
nauticalguy
First Class Passenger
Member # 1501

posted 09-06-2000 01:55 PM      Profile for nauticalguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi All,
My next trip is Grand Princess on NOV 26th . I was supposed to be on Millenium!!!!!

Oh well at least Im ghetting away

Posts: 15 | From: alexandria,VA,USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
RICHARD CHUDY
First Class Passenger
Member # 1323

posted 09-06-2000 06:36 PM      Profile for RICHARD CHUDY   Email RICHARD CHUDY   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sailing September 17, 2000 San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale aboard Mercury. just 11 days to wait. Also looking forward to meeting with kruzinkat. She and hubby are on same cruise. This will be the first time I have ever met anyone from this great site. We talked about it on an early post. Cocktails in the Navigator Club. I'm ready!
Richard

Posts: 195 | From: Singal Hill, CA 90755 In sight of The Queen Mary | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
jmperry1
First Class Passenger
Member # 1462

posted 09-07-2000 01:56 PM      Profile for jmperry1   Email jmperry1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Millennium transatlantic on November 3. The waiting is starting to kill me!!

James

Posts: 71 | From: Oakland CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
starfish
First Class Passenger
Member # 986

posted 09-07-2000 07:22 PM      Profile for starfish   Author's Homepage   Email starfish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Explorer Of The Seas Feb. 3
Posts: 225 | From: Dallas,PA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
CruiseHappy2
Just Boarded
Member # 1449

posted 09-09-2000 01:33 PM      Profile for CruiseHappy2   Email CruiseHappy2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My husband and I will be on the Eastern Caribbean sailing of the Paradise on Sunday, September 17. We'll be flying into Miami early Saturday morning and will spend the day and night exploring Miami Beach. Looking forward to seeing the Atlantic Ocean for the first time. (I've never been east of Colorado.) This week, I'm sure it will be hard to think about anything else.
Posts: 5 | From: Las Vegas, NV USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
sympatico
First Class Passenger
Member # 797

posted 09-09-2000 02:39 PM      Profile for sympatico     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CruiseHappy2:
My husband and I will be on the Eastern Caribbean sailing of the Paradise on Sunday, September 17. We'll be flying into Miami early Saturday morning and will spend the day and night exploring Miami Beach. Looking forward to seeing the Atlantic Ocean for the first time. (I've never been east of Colorado.) This week, I'm sure it will be hard to think about anything else.

I remember the first time I flew to Florida and saw the Atlantic Ocean. WOW. I was like a kid with a new toy and I was married with 2 children. Had never been farther south than Buffalo!!! That was the time I got a very bad sunburn as I was not used to Florida's sun, so PLEASE, do be careful - wouldn't want you to spoil your vacation. Have Fun.

Posts: 3305 | From: Toronto, Ont. Canada | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.