- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Norwegian Cruise Line today unveiled and opened for sale the next evolution of its Prima Plus Class, the all-new Norwegian Luna.2026 through November 2026. Norwegian Luna will kick off its inaugural Caribbean season with two western itineraries to Roatan Island, Honduras; Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico; and Harvest Caye, Belize, the Brand's resort-style destination...

Latest News...Grupo Vidanta is thrilled to announce the launch of VidantaWorld's ELEGANT Ultra Mega Yacht, a groundbreaking addition to the world of luxury cruising. This one-of-a-kind mega yacht redefines cruising, combining the exclusivity of a private yacht with the opulence of a luxury liner, setting a new benchmark for high-end experiences. Sailing this year, this adults-only experience....

Latest News...Princess Cruises announced this week that it has added a second Total Solar Eclipse cruise option, this one aboard its newest and most stunning ship – Sun Princess, when the next spectacle takes place in August 2026.The cruise company re-worked the itinerary of the Sun Princess voyage departing Barcelona on August 8, 2026 to position...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Celebrity Century--stabilizers

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Celebrity Century--stabilizers
LesRon
Just Boarded
Member # 269

posted 02-07-1999 06:43 PM      Profile for LesRon   Email LesRon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sailded on Jan.3 Eastern Carib.cruise on Celebrity Century. Weather was very nice---sunny, but somewhat windy. Ship was very, very unstable! Am booked on Dec.1999 Western Carib. cruise on same ship and am very worried that sailing will be as bumpy and unpleasant. Anyone had any experience with this? Is it ship design, or windy conditions.---one of our party get seasick, so correct information is crucial.
Posts: 1 | From: Great Falls, Va. USA | Registered: Feb 99
DCera
Just Boarded
Member # 106

posted 02-11-1999 04:44 PM      Profile for DCera   Email DCera   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think your problem here is with the ship. I was on the Century last Spring during beautiful weather and had the same problem. Beautiful ship, wonderful, quality cruise, but the ship rocks like a toy. We went with a group of friends and one of the guys was sick for most of the trip. I was woozy a few days which is unusual since the last time I got seasick was during a storm in the Gulf of Alaska on a much smaller ship with huge(30 ft.)waves. On that trip only 4 people made it to the Dining Room during the storm and even crew members were sick.
Posts: 8 | From: Poolesville, MD, U.S. | Registered: Feb 99
Pam
First Class Passenger
Member # 360

posted 02-12-1999 10:12 AM      Profile for Pam     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Had the same problem on the Majesty of the Seas.
Jon Rau
First Class Passenger
Member # 233

posted 03-29-1999 03:34 PM      Profile for Jon Rau   Email Jon Rau   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are we all talking about the same ship? I sailed the Century in the Western Caribbean in June '98 and was amazed at what smooth sailing it was. We had one night of semi-rough seas, but not enough to make make any passengers ill. All in all, it was nearly perfect cruising.
Carnival Triumph
First Class Passenger
Member # 67

posted 05-25-1999 03:46 PM      Profile for Carnival Triumph     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My answer to your problem is go on The Carnival Destiny. If you want a VERY STABLE AND SMOOTH ride, you should consider The Carnival Desinty. The Destiny is a much larger ship and has a much better ride. Celebirty Cruises has nice ships dont get me wrong, but but one ANY of there ships next to "Lady Liberty" and put the Desinty next to it, and you will notice on The Desinty your looking DOWN at Lady Liberty, and on Celeberty Cruises you have to look up....its very simple to tell the difference, and its really like comparing a Geo Metro to a Lincoln Town car.
Posts: 13 | From: Nashville,TN United States | Registered: May 99
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 05-26-1999 11:22 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ALL ships rock & roll in rough seas! They are all very stable in calm seas. I think it's all a matter of conditions and perseptions!

If the ship rolls is it the conditions or is it the sea? Everyone seems to have a different experience.

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!
Carnival Triumph
First Class Passenger
Member # 67

posted 05-26-1999 04:12 PM      Profile for Carnival Triumph     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would just like to add that UNLESS ANYONE HAS RODE The Carnival Destiny, then you dont need to answer a question thas asking about rough seas......i have rode alot ships,and yes i will say YES you can feel movement on ships, but The Carnival Desinty, i was on it for 7 whole days on a Eastern Carribbean Cruise, and we went thru some pretty nasty weather, the ship went around the storm, we only ran into a little bit of rain that last no more than 2 or 3 minutes but the waves were very bad, and i was VERY IMPRESSED how the ship took the waves, I have rode the Fantasy, and the Sensation, and several other Carnival Cruise ships and YES I DID FEEL MOVEMENT when the seas were rough, but i put it this way, I am not saying the destiny wont move because technically its on water and water does move, but i will say, i was on it for 7 whole days, and the whole time i was on it, i could not ask for it to be any more stable. We ran into some bad waves but the ship is so big and heavy the waves done really affect it.After all, 101,353 Gross Registered Tons equals out to
202,706,000 pounds......how many other ships weigh that much????

cncservo
First Class Passenger
Member # 532

posted 05-28-1999 10:18 AM      Profile for cncservo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do not claim to be any type of authority on the technical aspect of ship movement. It makes perfect sence that when there is 100 plus feet sticking out of the water and only 25 feet below the water there will be movement of the ship during certain types of seas. If the ship is sailing perpendicular into the waves there would not be near the listing as if the ship was sail parallel to the seas. I believe the angle at which the waves are hitting the ship determines the rocking side to side. My wife and I sailed the Alaska inside passage 3 years ago and went through a thunderstorm that rocked the Ryndam of Holland America Line side to side enough that the water was dumping the water out of the pool. That was our first cruise so I thought that was terrible. We did not get sick at all and I can not even ride a county fair ride without getting motion sickness. Last year we sailed the Imagination to the Western Caribbean the seas were very calm to 6 foot seas. There was virtually no movement of the ship. Everday Carnival posted the weather report and the type of seas that we were encountering so that was helpful. The Ryndam is a 50,000 ton ship and the imagination is a 70,000 ton ship. The Ryndam has stablizers, so did they make a difference?
We had a great time on both cruises and plan on more in the future.

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 05-28-1999 01:38 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"...how many other ships weigh that much????" Just one at present..the Grand Princess which is a bit bigger in terms of gross displacement!

However, it is not just weight that affects stability, but the shape of the hull. I bet the QE2 rides the waves better than Carnival Denstiny?

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 05-28-1999 01:42 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
....I understand that in the 'good old days' they designed the hull of a ship - then divided it into cabins and public rooms etc. Today they fit the hull around the symetrical rooms and cabins! It is almost as if the hull is the last thing to consider!
Carnival Triumph
First Class Passenger
Member # 67

posted 05-29-1999 04:05 AM      Profile for Carnival Triumph     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like i have already said......unless you have rode The Carnival Destiny ""YOU CANNOT COMPARE OTHER SHIPS TO IT"" Tell me something, Go and get a Geo Metro, and compare it to a Mercedes Benz S500 Tell me if there is a difference? Sure both cars will get you to point A to point B but is there a difference on the RIDE and the HANDLEING? Well common sense will tell you The Mercedes will out handle the Geo and it will ride better. Why is that? Well, look at the size, look at the length. Well put two and two together and think about a ship instead of a car.....sure The Ryndam may be a NICE ship, but i gotta honestly say, "DUMPING WATER OUT OF THE POOL" made me laugh, cause yeah, i am sure that did happen and it probally happens on other ships its size, but Stuff like that DONT happen on The Destiny, Everyone here is comparing these Micky Mouse Ships that are much smaller than The Destiny keep in mind, how many ships are Taller than Lady Liberty????.....and how many ships weighs OVER 100,000 Gross Registered Tons????? Only ONE that i know of and its the Grand Princess........you cant compare small ships to huge ones, and yes The Ryndam did have stabilizers but it still moved, well yeah, of course it is....its a SMALL ship, The Desinty is OVER 2 times its size. I rode The Carnival Sensation and it had Stabilizers and the ship did move when the seas got rough, its a 70,000 GRT ship. But like i have said before, i went on a 7 day cruise on The Destiny and we went thru some very nasty waves and it handled it like it was nothing i was amazed how there was no movement. I'm not saying The Desinty wont move, but if it does move, its gonna take ALOT and i do mean ALOT to make it rock cause the whole time i was on it it never rocked.
I know ships move, i know ships rock and lean, believe me, i have been on enough cruises that i have found that out, but you all need to go ride the Destiny and you can find out what a REAL SHIP is like. Myself, when i rode it, i was very impressed, because we went thru some very nasty waves and you could not feel the ship move. I got my camcorder and put a glass of water on our balcony rail and taped it because i could not get over how smooth the ride was. You could not even see the water move. Another way of looking at this whole topic, the next time your out in the ocean on a cruise, look DOWN at those smaller fishing boats out there....what do you see them doing? them suckers are jumping up and down and rocking every which direction. Gee.....i wonder why? Well, stop and think, its a SMALL BOAT.....the BIGGER, the BETTER the ride will be.....sure a 70,000 Ton ship will ride good....but a 100,000 ton ship will ride even better. Even though, there may be 175 foot of the ship above water and 30 foot of the ship below water, THE BIGGER, THE BETTER THE RIDE IS.....its only common sense. And i strongly dis-agree on betting the QE2 rides better than the Destiny, i put it this way, i would take you up on the bet in a heart beat cause i know i would win, first of all the QE2 "DONT" even weigh 70,000 GRT. Which means its OVER 32,000 GRT smaller than the Destiny. QE2 is a great ship, its a beautiful ship and Cunard is a great cruise lines and the QE2 is the most famous liner in the world, but as far as riding better than The Carnival Desinty....all i have to say is DREAM ON CAUSE ITS NO WAY!! To everyone, if you want to best The Carnival Desinty is the only way to go.

Barryboat
First Class Passenger
Member # 33

posted 05-29-1999 02:12 PM      Profile for Barryboat   Author's Homepage   Email Barryboat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, Carnival Triumph, how old are you? I love reading your posts, because when I was a teenager and at the peak of my fascination with the Liners, I suppose I was giddy about the ships like you seem to be. My ship was the Queen Mary in Long Beach, When I went to see the ship for the second time after I had developed an intense interest in her, I had the giddy, butterflies in my stomach, wonderful feeling of being there looking up at the object of my study and interest. I'm still giddy about cruise ships even though I lived on six different cruise ships (including the QE-2) for a period of two years. Your interest in ships through some of the comments you've made in several of your posts, is admirable, but you need to realize that there are many different ships out there with different personalities. Not everyone likes the BIG SHIP experience. There are many people out there who would never want to cruise on a mega ship like the Carnival Destiny. I personally like BIG SHIPS, but BIG SHIPS are not for everyone. Carnival is a great cruise line and I respect all that Carnival has done to become what the are today, but even though Carnival is the biggest cruise line, doesn't mean it's the best. There are different cruise lines out there which cater to the vast differnces in personality of people. For example, in contrast, I use to work on a day cruise out of San Diego on a ship called the Pacific Star. We had passengers who would save for months and months to come up with their $65 bucks to cruise on this ship for the day to Ensenada. Many of these people thought that their life savings of $65 bucks was a lot of money for their once in a lifetime experience of finally "going on a cruise", even if it was only a one day cruise. Because of this mentality, "some" of these passengers thought they were on the QE-2 or something and that they demanded the service they thought they should get. These are the same people who, while the entertainers were performing, they would get so drunk they couldn't see straight and end up throwing food and stuff at the entertainers and just being terribly inconsiderate of the other passengers and the staff. My point is that some people would'nt know how to act in a classy enviroment. Can you imagine, or see people like this on the Crystal Harmony, or the Seabourn Pride, or the even the QE-2? Some cruise lines have better dinning than others, some cruise lines have better entertainment that other, some cruise lines are more reserved and others are more flamboyant or flashy. Another example, Almost all cruise ships play BINGO. On Carnival Cruise Lines the staff make a BIG deal of the game by announcing it throughout the ship, "Don't miss the Jumbo, Maxed out, super dupper cover-all Bingo game happening right now in the Palladium Show Lounge"! The cruise staff also "play it up" during the calling of the Bingo numbers. In contrast, on the QE-2 in the Grand Lounge, they play Bingo too, but it's much more subdued and they don't make any announcements over the PA, the game is just listed in the daily program and those who like bingo will show up. You see, some people don't appreciate all the hype. When you go from a Royal Caribbean ship to a Carnival ship, you will notice a difference in the environment. Royal Caribbean is a bit more refined and classy, whereas Carnival is loud "Carnival-like", not that there's anything wrong with that, but my point again is that there are certain ships and cruise lines that cater to the personalities and financial status of certain people. My next point that I want to make is that I know for a fact, because I've been there done that, that the QE-2 will most definitely ride the ocean better in rough seas than the Carnival Destiny. Even though the Carnival Destiny is HUGE, it has a shallow draft for it's size, and she is designed for the calm waters of the Caribbean. I have talked with crew members who worked on the Carnival Destiny and were on the ship when it came accross the Atlantic from the shipyard. They said that the ship bounced around and shook sommething terrible and the seas were not even that bad. QE-2 on the other hand is designed for rough weather, and having lived on the QE-2 and been on her during rough seas in mid Atlantic, I can tell you that QE-2 ride the waves steadily and she is comfortable. Carnival Destiny has a different kind of motion when she is in rough seas, she can rock and roll with the best of modern cruise ships. So, I don't want to discourage you from your favorite ship and cruise line, but you need to better understand that other people may have different tastes than you and the Carnival Destiny or Carnival Triumph are not the only ships out there.
Posts: 1851 | From: Bloomington, Minnesota (Home to the Mall of America) | Registered: Mar 99
joe at travelpage
Administrator
Member # 622

posted 05-29-1999 03:35 PM      Profile for joe at travelpage   Author's Homepage   Email joe at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well said Barryboat.

Joe at TravelPage.com

Posts: 29976 | From: Great Falls, Virginia | Registered: A Long Time Ago!
Vaccaro
First Class Passenger
Member # 465

posted 05-29-1999 05:34 PM      Profile for Vaccaro   Author's Homepage   Email Vaccaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello Carnival Triumph,
Well, it's not to "knock the nail" but after many hesitancy since several days regarding the way to answer to you, i think the Barryboat's method of pedagogy is apparently the best for the moment.
You like ships and we too!
Of course, we don't know you and your maritime experiences and knowledges. That's why it would be pretentious to think Malcolm's or Barryboat's (or mine) knowledges are greater than yours.
Nevertheless' it's a forum and like in all forum you have to give viewpoints with available and true arguments.
For instance, by a "technical" point of vue, regarding your last replies and after a period of observation, i can't let the other peoples who read us thinking than Gross tons are only the weight of a ship! And 101.353 Gross Registred Tons never did 202.706 pounds!!
I explain: Gross Tonnage= it can be expressed in two different ways: -in register tons (100 cu.ft.) etermined according to the rules of the 1947 Oslo Convention. It is obtained by adding the volumes, measured according to the regulations, of all the VESSEL'S CONFINED SPACES. -in Unified Measurement System (UMS) units: It is the Gross Registred Tonnage calculated according to the rule of the 1969 International Convention. It is obtained by apllying a mathematical formula based on the total volume of the vessel's confined spaces.
So' it's not to bore you (and others) with technical but all readers have to understand before having a opinion about such or such angle of a ship. To sum up: a ship with a Gross Registred Tonnage of 100.000grt may be lighter (from the weight point of vue) than another one with 90.000 or even 80.000grt.
Nowadays, that case is rather rare because almost all cruise ships are built with almost the same sort of shape, layout and amenities. In fact, if we could put two ships in a scales, an old one(like SUN VISTA 1963 wich sank last week, 30440grt, 701ft X 93.8 and a slender and deep hull with a draught of 28.4 ft) and a newer one (like ROYAL MAJESTY 1992, 32396grt, 567.9ft X 90.6ft and a shallow hull with a draught of 20.3ft), maybe the SUN VISTA will be heavier on the scales than the ROYAL MAJESTY. SUN VISTA was built with heavier metal and materials and especially, especially, she have more opened spaces and a shape a lot of lesser cubic! And i can tell you ( except all other sophisticated stabilisation's technicals, except the advantages of the bulbous bow -moreover not always an advantage in rought seas-, except the resistance of the new materials...)that SUN VISTA has more chance to have a good and less violent behaviour in a storm.
Regarding your short experience on the DESTINY, how can you be so sure that the choppiness of the sea during this rather short time was exactly the same than during your other cruises? The period and the angle of the swell are often more important than the height and the visible motion of the waves...and it's hard to see exactly with eyes only. Maybe if you have sailed on DESTINY many times during a rather long time, you could determine the behaviour of the ship in a more reliable way.
Speaking about cars, like youself, a Indy car,a Formula One, a Ferrari 360 Modena and even a small VW GOLF GTi 16V have a very best behaviour on the road than a Lincoln... and the lincoln is lot of heavier. You can drive in a sharp bend more quickly and the motion of these cars will be more stable than in a Lincoln!
Don't be wrong, i like all the ships with of course some preference like anybody. and like Barryboat said, it' a question of philosophy, tastes and cost. All opinion from everybody is available if justified.
If you're interrested in cruise ships and liners you should share your ideas with us at Classic Cruise Ships and Liners Forum below.
Bye.

Posts: 1193 | From: France ...where the greatest liners ever are born, ...by far! | Registered: Feb 99
CCLines
First Class Passenger
Member # 60

posted 05-30-1999 02:24 AM      Profile for CCLines   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Barryboat, just wanted to correct you on one thing, and that is when you said The Carnival Desinty about crew members saying the ship bounced around and shook something terrible. I am not trying to be a smart *** or anything, but if you believe the bull crap that whoever told you, which was not a crew member of The Destiny is very UN-TRUE. I am not the worldest smartest man, but i work at The Carnival and we dont build and design ships that are gonna rock and shake and bounce around, we try to design our ships so that they are ultra smooth and so the passengers will enjoy there ride and not "bounced around and shook sommething terrible" as you said. Me working at The Carnival i get employee discounts and i have rode every ship that Carnival has to offer. If you should have any questions, feel free to write me. I just didn't like someone downing our ship because "bounced around and shook sommething terrible " sounds to me as something a child would say. I would like to offer if you have any questions feel free to write me.

The Carnival Cruise Lines
Carnial Place
3655 NW 87 Ave.
Miami,FL 33178
ATTENTION TOMMY JOHNSON

Posts: 38 | From: Miami,FL United States | Registered: May 99
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 05-30-1999 07:56 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fact: The QE2 is the only Cruise ship that undertakes the classic transatlantic run between Southampton and NY in the winter months. The Altantic ocean can be notorious in winter. However, the QE2 still sails transatlantic in September, October, November and December, ever year.

Fact: The QE2 was built to handle the rigors of the North Altantic. Fact: Modern cruise ships ONLY EVER attemt a tansatlantic repositioning cruise in the summer months.(See the brouchures!) They are built for slower speed and calmer seas.

These facts do not make the QE2 a better ship, or other ships worse. They are all built for different jobs.

The Carnival Density may be big, she may be wonderful, she may generally ride mooth, but she's not built for the North Atlantic! (She would not ride smooth in a stormy N.Atlantic!) That's why Carnival are designing a new 'Queen Mary'. I suspect that she will have a hull more like the QE2/original Queen Mary, with a hull with a deep draght unlike the Destiny/Grand Princess. She will also need faster propulsion, rather than 20 knots(modern Cruise ships) she will need at least 30 knots.

Barryboat
First Class Passenger
Member # 33

posted 05-30-1999 06:43 PM      Profile for Barryboat   Author's Homepage   Email Barryboat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey - CClines, You misunderstood me, I'm talking about the north Atlantic which has a different rythm as far as the swells, chop, and waves of the Caribbean for with the Carnival Destiny was designed for. I know that the Carnival Ships are built very strong and solid, and the craftsmanship is top-notch, but when that mammoth ship is faced with heavy seas, like most other modern cruise ships, she will ride rough and shake. That's not a flaw in her construction, in fact the designers built her that way on purpose so that it's hull will obsorb the stress that the seas put out. These huge ships are designed to bend slightly, so they don't snap in half and sink. The Queen Mary has expansion joints along her superstructure to allow for some bending and twisting. The Queen Mary's hull was also built horizontally, "like a bananna", because this provided better flexibility and strength in her hull. The Carnival Destiny was not designed for really rough seas like the Queen Mary or the QE-2, in fact if you look at a side profile drawing of the Carnival Destiny, you will see that she is straight across the board from the bow to the stern. Also, much lighter materials were used in the construction of the Carnival Destiny because of her sheer size allowing for shuttering and slight vibrations when the ship is in rough seas. Another issue is the Carnival Destiny's bulbous bow. A ship with such a huge bulbous bow below the waterline will cause a downdraft - suction during a forward pitch causing the waves to smack the bow pretty hard which will send a reverberating shutter throughout the hull, hense you will experience a shutter in rough seas occassionally. And one more thing, Do you think fellow cruise staffers who were on the Carnival Destiny in rough seas, will lie to me? Not likely. I'm not bashing or saying the Carnival ships or the Destiny are poorly built ships, I'm just stating a fact. I've also spoke to passengers who have sailed on the Carnival Destiny and even the Grand Princess who have said that they once experienced rough seas and described their experience to me. The fact that you work at Carnival Cruise Lines doesn't change the facts my friend. By the way, once again I will state that I AM a big fan of Carnival Cruise Lines, but I'm also a ship buff and I lived on cruise ships for two years so I've even been in some rough weather myself. Keep in touch with us, it's nice to hear from people who actually work at the cruise lines and can offer inside information at times.
Posts: 1851 | From: Bloomington, Minnesota (Home to the Mall of America) | Registered: Mar 99

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.