- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Norwegian Cruise Line today unveiled and opened for sale the next evolution of its Prima Plus Class, the all-new Norwegian Luna.2026 through November 2026. Norwegian Luna will kick off its inaugural Caribbean season with two western itineraries to Roatan Island, Honduras; Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico; and Harvest Caye, Belize, the Brand's resort-style destination...

Latest News...Grupo Vidanta is thrilled to announce the launch of VidantaWorld's ELEGANT Ultra Mega Yacht, a groundbreaking addition to the world of luxury cruising. This one-of-a-kind mega yacht redefines cruising, combining the exclusivity of a private yacht with the opulence of a luxury liner, setting a new benchmark for high-end experiences. Sailing this year, this adults-only experience....

Latest News...Princess Cruises announced this week that it has added a second Total Solar Eclipse cruise option, this one aboard its newest and most stunning ship – Sun Princess, when the next spectacle takes place in August 2026.The cruise company re-worked the itinerary of the Sun Princess voyage departing Barcelona on August 8, 2026 to position...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » MS Carousel

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MS Carousel
Natalie
First Class Passenger
Member # 347

posted 04-04-1999 05:45 AM      Profile for Natalie   Email Natalie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone been on or knows about MS Carousel!!

Going on the Ship for the Year 2000!! Tell me what it is like.

Many thanks

Posts: 61 | From: Yateley, Hampshire, England | Registered: Apr 99
SHERRIE
Just Boarded
Member # 409

posted 04-04-1999 08:38 PM      Profile for SHERRIE   Author's Homepage   Email SHERRIE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What line is the Carousel owned by ? I don't think I've ever heard of it.
Natalie
First Class Passenger
Member # 347

posted 04-05-1999 05:00 AM      Profile for Natalie   Email Natalie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

MS Carousel is one of a fleet of ships owned by Airtours, a British Fleet. They are not the standard of many American cruise ships!!

Vaccaro
First Class Passenger
Member # 465

posted 04-05-1999 06:06 AM      Profile for Vaccaro   Author's Homepage   Email Vaccaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello!
MS CAROUSEL was wellknown as she was called NORDIC PRINCE (NCL). She was lenghtened by 26m or 85ft in 1980 in Finland.
Bought by Airtours in 1994 and renamed CAROUSEL. Same type as the SONG OF NORWAY and SUN VIKING. 637.5ft X 24ft 23200grt. 1018 passengers for 400 crew members.
I have ever seen the CAROUSEL several times in the port of Ajaccio in 1995 and her exterior seams to be a beautiful ship even if she's now a little old fashioned. But i must add i had never sail or visited her.
I think she's a rather good cruise ship for Mediterranean Sea and european market.
Bye.

Posts: 1193 | From: France ...where the greatest liners ever are born, ...by far! | Registered: Feb 99
Barryboat
First Class Passenger
Member # 33

posted 04-05-1999 09:54 AM      Profile for Barryboat   Author's Homepage   Email Barryboat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vaccaro did a nice job of explaining Carousel. Yes it use to be the Nordic Prince. The ship is special to me because it was my first Cruise ship job, I worked on Nordic Prince as a member of he cruise staff. The only thing different about her from my observations is that the trademark of Royal caribbean, the Viking Crown Lounge built into the smoke stack was removed. She rides very nice, no vibration. Small and intimate. small cabins. nicely decorated lounges. I don't know anything about the crew and staff, but as far as the ship is concerned, you will probably have a nice cruise experience.
Posts: 1851 | From: Bloomington, Minnesota (Home to the Mall of America) | Registered: Mar 99
Vaccaro
First Class Passenger
Member # 465

posted 04-05-1999 10:44 AM      Profile for Vaccaro   Author's Homepage   Email Vaccaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's the explication why the Viking Crown of the ex NORDIC PRINCE was removed:
RCCL (and not NCL like i wrote above, i made a confusion) is the only company allowed to use the principle of the Viking Crown because, commercialy, this is a essential characteristic of their ships and she had patended the exclusivity to use it.
That's why all the ships leaving the RCCL's fleet have to be modifyed.
I don't know if this rule is always available today or in the future.
Bye.

Posts: 1193 | From: France ...where the greatest liners ever are born, ...by far! | Registered: Feb 99
Natalie
First Class Passenger
Member # 347

posted 04-05-1999 11:42 AM      Profile for Natalie   Email Natalie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Thanks for the information guys!

Hazel Page
Just Boarded
Member # 180

posted 04-11-1999 09:56 PM      Profile for Hazel Page     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Natalie,
I have just returned from the Southern Carribean cruise on the MS Carousel (April 10th). It was a terrific value for the money. I have absolutely no complaints.There were 1200 passengers onboeard with a crew of 400. WE lacked absolutely nothing. The service was great and good food. Took two of the shore excursions and they were also great value for the money. the crew were friendly and could not do enough for you.
The entertainment was also very good. I have made 4 transatlatic crossings on QE2 with Cunard so i did have something to compare it to. I would definaltely go again. The ship was I think about the same vintage as the QE2
(1968?) but was of course smaller. If you have any further questions please feel free to post them and I will respind as my trip is very recent (returned yesterday.

Natalie
First Class Passenger
Member # 347

posted 04-12-1999 02:11 PM      Profile for Natalie   Email Natalie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Thank you Hazel - you have made my day!!!!

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.