- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Princess Cruises, the world-famous cruise line delivering dream vacations to millions each year, celebrated a major construction milestone today of its second Sphere-Class vessel, Star Princess, with the traditional maritime float out ceremony at the Fincantieri Shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy. The new ship will now transfer to the outfitting quay where construction...

Latest News...Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) announced financial results for the third quarter 2024 and provided an updated outlook for the full year and an outlook for fourth quarter 2024.The cumulative advanced booked position for full year 2025 is above the previous 2024 record with prices (in constant currency) ahead of prior year.....

Latest News...Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) today unveils its new brand positioning, "MORE," reinforcing and extending its legacy of delivering more onboard offerings, more places to discover and more value with the launch of its all-new upgraded 'More At Sea' package.NCL has a history of delivering endless options with over 600 unique itineraries through 2026 ...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Bolero March 2001

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bolero March 2001
Klauskraft
Just Boarded
Member # 1432

posted 07-18-2000 03:03 PM      Profile for Klauskraft   Email Klauskraft   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are considering a cruise on Bolero in March. Any comments on this ship?
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 07-19-2000 06:02 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi, if you look in the 'Cruise Lines' forum, there is a recent posting about the Bolero.
This web site also has passenger reviews and a Travelpage review of Festival cruises.

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
hooked on cruising
First Class Passenger
Member # 1221

posted 07-21-2000 12:17 PM      Profile for hooked on cruising   Email hooked on cruising   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Klauskraft, We were on the Bolero during March break this year. and we totally loved it . Easily the best holidy we have ever had, we enjoyed it so much that we are going back next March Break. I have heard many say that it is a budget ship but if this is budget we can't wait to try a four or five star ship!!! Honest we were treated like royalty the crew could not do enough for you and the food was simply amazing. We spent a lot of money on tours and stuff but because it was our first cruise we didn't want to take a chance booking them ourselves we wanted to be sure everything was looked after. This time though we will probably just get a taxi and tour the islands ourselves. Is this your first cruise? If it is not your first and you have cruised the larger ships then you may be a bit disappointed in the cabins, they are small with very little closet space. We really did pack way to much I would only take 1/2 the amount next year. We brought home over 1/2 the clothes not even worn. Although small we found the cabins to be fine for our needs. (once we got everything put away and the cases stored under the beds.) The dress up nights were a treat and we have some beautiful pictures to prove it. I would also recommend the early sitting in the dining room. Some of the folks who had the late sitting said it was really too late we enjoyed the early sitting because then we had the whole night ahead of us. Some people from the late sitting where not getting out of the dining room until 10.30 pm. Feel free to e-mail me if you need any more info. I could talk about our cruise on the Bolero for ever but I know I have already bored these wonderful people at this site=
Posts: 243 | From: London,Ontario,Canada | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Liz
Just Boarded
Member # 1098

posted 07-21-2000 03:09 PM      Profile for Liz   Email Liz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We too are thinking of a cruise on the Bolero for the March break. How early do you think we need to book. Is a more expensive cabin on the Bolero worth it? We will be taking our 18 yr. old daughter. Do we need the extra room? We have cruised numerous times with a variety of cabins so we have seen it all from tiny to well, a bit bigger!! Also, ant specific activities for older teens? Thanks, Liz
Posts: 9 | From: Guelph, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
hooked on cruising
First Class Passenger
Member # 1221

posted 07-21-2000 07:40 PM      Profile for hooked on cruising   Email hooked on cruising   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Liz, We don't think it is worth the extra cost for an upgraded cabin, but thats just us. We were on the lowest deck, the only thing I honestly worried about was our 15 year old going back to the cabin on her own. Most times she was with her brother or her friend but this year she will be on her own. She doesn't care for me to go every where with her but too bad right! There is lots to do on the Bolero. if you read my previous post you can get some more info from that. Maybe we will meet on the boat we haven't booked yet the books just came out a few weeks ago, and we needed to see when March break fell. I am an EA for the thames valley school board and I can only go March break so I wanted to be sure of the dates before I booked. Feel free to e-mail me for more info if you like. I was curious to know where you would fly out from but you don't have much info on your profile.
mikiebaccarat
First Class Passenger
Member # 1026

posted 07-21-2000 07:42 PM      Profile for mikiebaccarat   Email mikiebaccarat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was on the Bolero in February 2000. That was my 19th cruise, but first on Bolero. Excellent value and would go again this year if I can arrange it.
Posts: 53 | From: Kingston,ON,Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Liz
Just Boarded
Member # 1098

posted 07-23-2000 03:10 PM      Profile for Liz   Email Liz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Hooked on Cruising!
I work for the Upper Grand DSB so I too need to make sure of the dates for the March break. Ours is March 10-18, but I don't know if it is standard across the province. That would mean that we would fly out of Toronto on Saturday March 10. We live is a small city (Guelph) just 45 minutes west of Toronto so we usually have a very early morning start from home. We have not yet seen the brochures for the Bolero, but Regent recently had a big promo, but of course it did not apply to March break dates. However, they did seem to say that they will match prices if they come down for those people who book early. I would e-mail you with other questions but I don't know how to find your address or how you do if from this bullentin board! Liz

Liz
Just Boarded
Member # 1098

posted 07-23-2000 03:20 PM      Profile for Liz   Email Liz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Hooked on Cruising again!
I guess I'm not too sharp! I found out how to update my profile and how to find others e-mail addresses just now. Don't know how I could of missed it. I guess I just never paid any attention to that line on the message board!

hooked on cruising
First Class Passenger
Member # 1221

posted 07-24-2000 05:00 PM      Profile for hooked on cruising   Email hooked on cruising   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Liz, I,m glad you found the e-mail address. If we end up going on the same cruise maybe we can meet and share a laugh at the happy hour! I am waiting on the specials coming out for the Bolero but so far their is nothing available. We are in London Ont so our March break is the same as yours. Robert Q has a deal going right now for the Bolero but it does not include March break.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.