- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Carnival Cruise line released the following statement regarding Hurricane Beryl:

Carnival's Fleet Operations Center in Miami is actively monitoring forecasts for possible impacts to itineraries from Hurricane Beryl. Given Hurricane Beryl’s projected path, Carnival has adjusted the following itineraries: Carnival Horizon will add a visit to Nassau, The Bahamas on Friday, July 5....

Latest News...Oceania Cruises has marked an important milestone in the construction of its new 1,200-guest ship, Allura, at the Fincantieri shipyard in Sestri Ponente, Italy, bordering the famed seaport of Genoa. A landmark moment as the ship moves towards completion, the vessel was floated from the dry-dock and moved to the fitting-out berth to begin outfitting the luxurious, designer-inspired interiors....

Latest News...Crystal, the leader in exceptional cruise experiences, announced today the signing of a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with renowned Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri. This agreement marks the commencement of the construction of two groundbreaking ships that will redefine high-end travel on the seas.The 690-passenger (based on double occupancy), 61,800-gross-ton ships ...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » WHERE'S EVERYONE'S NEXT CRUISE (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: WHERE'S EVERYONE'S NEXT CRUISE
sympatico
First Class Passenger
Member # 797

posted 09-01-2000 03:44 PM      Profile for sympatico     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Saw this on another board and thought it would be interesting to see who was going where and on which ship.

We will be on the Veendam for Christmas. Anyone else going?

35 cruises all with HAL, old Volendam, Rotterdam V, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam, Westerdam,Statendam, Ryndam and Veendam.
Will have to try the others one of these years.

Posts: 3305 | From: Toronto, Ont. Canada | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
Terri Lee
First Class Passenger
Member # 942

posted 09-01-2000 04:14 PM      Profile for Terri Lee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Sympatico...

It's the MAASDAM for me at Christmas and the New Year and this will be my 3rd cruise on HAL this year having just been on the ROTTERDAM(wonderful ship!).

Of all the HAL ships I have sailed on...ROTTERDAM V,RYNDAM,STATENDAM,WESTERDAM, ROTTERDAM VI and MAASDAM, I have to admit that my all-time favourite is the ROTTERDAM VI. No doubt I will sail with her again,maybe next year sometime........

On another topic,Sympatico,you are being "paged" on "Favourite Cruise Ships" thread.
Wanna have a look-see??????

Cheers,

TL :-))

Posts: 292 | From: Burlington Ontario Canada | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Vacationer
Just Boarded
Member # 905

posted 09-01-2000 04:28 PM      Profile for Vacationer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My family will be on the Carnival Victory January 14th.
Can't wait !! Beautiful Ship.
Last year we were on the Celebration that caught fire. Hopefully, we will get a full week in this time.

Posts: 3 | From: Lincolnshire, IL USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mercy
First Class Passenger
Member # 322

posted 09-01-2000 05:30 PM      Profile for Mercy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My husband and I are going on the Millennium to the Eastern Caribbean in January.
Posts: 697 | From: Stanwood, Wa. USA | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Justine
First Class Passenger
Member # 1335

posted 09-01-2000 06:07 PM      Profile for Justine   Email Justine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rembrandt in October, hopefully New York to Montreal. It's the free cruise I get for compensation of the Baltimore to Nassau sailing. I sincerely hope it happens. Then its November 2001 in Southern Carribean on a women's group cruise. It will be a HAL cruise. The comittee hasnt picked it yet. Somewhere in between, I'm hoping for Baltic or Norvegian Fjords next summer. Too bad my hubby is a reluctant cruiser. He doesnt like to know a long time ahead so I usually book and announce it when the docs arrive. Then he enjoys every minute of the trip.
Posts: 126 | From: Northern Ontario | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
topgun
First Class Passenger
Member # 928

posted 09-01-2000 06:18 PM      Profile for topgun     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boy o boy o boy.
We're on the Rembrandt this month.
My partner is almost packed and will soon be sitting on her suitcase at the front door with her passport in hand.

Posts: 759 | From: Burlington ont,canada Cruise center of North America | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ascendancy
First Class Passenger
Member # 840

posted 09-01-2000 06:41 PM      Profile for Ascendancy   Email Ascendancy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
March 01 Circle the Carribean 11 days. My favorite place to be.
Posts: 354 | From: Aurora, CO | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
gizmo
First Class Passenger
Member # 972

posted 09-01-2000 06:44 PM      Profile for gizmo   Email gizmo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Volendam, Feb. 25, 10 Southern Carib. It seems so far off.
I been on the Norway, Ryndam, and Volendam.

Posts: 686 | From: Kennesaw Ga. (origianlly from Philly) | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
NAL
First Class Passenger
Member # 1102

posted 09-01-2000 07:18 PM      Profile for NAL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sympatico.....

My September trip to England was cancelled
many weeks ago. I am booked in Sept.2001
with Celebrity to Bermuda....on the Zenith.
Am going with 5-6 others from my Wednesday
night Bluegrass group. I will do a Jan. or
Feb. trip from FL.....have done this before.
It's possible to get a great last-minute
rate from a FL agent.....it's usually last
minute cancelations and you must be willing
to go at a moments's notice. As I'll be in
FL visiting my folks, it works out well. I
may even get on HAL.

Posts: 2243 | From: Watsontown, PA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
WJCdiver
First Class Passenger
Member # 946

posted 09-01-2000 07:46 PM      Profile for WJCdiver     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was supposed to go on Caronia from Civitavecchia to Venice on August 11 but wound up buying a new house instead.

Now the next cruise is Grand Princess Presidents Week next February. Ft. Lauderdale to St. Thomas to St. Maarten to
Princess Cays to Ft. Lauderdale. This time with the kids (girl 12 boy 8).

Can;t wait

Posts: 159 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
James
First Class Passenger
Member # 1351

posted 09-01-2000 09:42 PM      Profile for James   Email James   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
October 17 to Vienna for 3 days then up the Danube and down the Rhine aboard the MS "River Harmony" owned by Grand Circle Travel. Three days in Brussels after disembarking in Amsterdam.

Then, a week after we return we go to Rome November 14 for a couple of days before boarding the Costa "Victoria" in Genoa to cross the Atlantic to Fort Lauderdale. Just time to do the laundry!

Next year the Arctic on Russian icebreaker. After that we'll have to pause to let the bank account recover.

Posts: 202 | From: Illinois, Home of Lincoln and great graft | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
DianaD
First Class Passenger
Member # 1010

posted 09-01-2000 10:22 PM      Profile for DianaD   Email DianaD   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On the Ocean Princess on the 29th October. We also have the Wind Surf booked for 6th October, 2001 for our 40th wedding anniversary.
Posts: 308 | From: Whitby, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
gohaze
First Class Passenger
Member # 586

posted 09-01-2000 11:11 PM      Profile for gohaze   Email gohaze   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Marco Polo, Southern Med. then Crown Odyssey from Auckland to LA....peter
Posts: 1909 | From: Vancouver.BC | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
LizB
First Class Passenger
Member # 1243

posted 09-02-2000 06:26 AM      Profile for LizB     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ROTTERDAM VI on January 18th for 3-months of the World Cruise...LA to Venice with extra night in Venice before flying home. Can't wait...but sure don't know how to pack for 3-months! This is when I'm glad the new ships have a self-service laundry!!!
Posts: 133 | From: S.Dennis,MA, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
mrblanche
First Class Passenger
Member # 714

posted 09-02-2000 08:53 AM      Profile for mrblanche   Email mrblanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Next cruise is the Elation out of L.A. on Sept 17.

After that, the Norwegian Wind southern Caribbean on Dec 23.

Posts: 308 | From: Cedar Hill, TX | Registered: Aug 99  |  IP: Logged
MHP
First Class Passenger
Member # 1101

posted 09-02-2000 10:35 PM      Profile for MHP   Email MHP   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Sympatico

Have 2 cruises booked.
October 1st - Voyager of the seas and March 9th Explorer of the seas

Posts: 86 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lisette
First Class Passenger
Member # 282

posted 09-02-2000 10:43 PM      Profile for Lisette   Email Lisette   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My husband and I are booked on Legend of the seas sailing from Mombassa to Bombay with a 6nt 7day safari preceding the cruise. The cruise part is 14nts visiting Scyechelles, and up the coast of india. Health requirements forced us to become human pin cushions but I think it will be worth it, at least I hope so. We leave November 25th,2000
Posts: 32 | From: Mississauga | Registered: Nov 98  |  IP: Logged
Tim in Fort Lauderdale
First Class Passenger
Member # 953

posted 09-02-2000 11:30 PM      Profile for Tim in Fort Lauderdale     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Galaxy...October 21st from San Juan to the Southern Caribbean. Cheap rate, Great itinerary, I cant wait. Galaxy is one of my favorite ships.

Tim

Posts: 1468 | From: Fort Lauderdale, FL | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bluekiwi
First Class Passenger
Member # 40

posted 09-03-2000 04:49 AM      Profile for Bluekiwi   Email Bluekiwi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
11 day Circle the Caribbean Vision of the Seas March 12th out of Miami. Can't wait ages away.

Posts: 53 | From: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: Mar 99  |  IP: Logged
Elizabeth
First Class Passenger
Member # 142

posted 09-03-2000 05:35 AM      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are cruising on the Seabourn Sun next month. Can't wait!
Posts: 177 | From: New England Region N.S.W. Australia | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
neviboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 1527

posted 09-03-2000 07:07 AM      Profile for neviboy   Email neviboy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello sympatico
My wife and I leave Buenos Aries on Dec.23rd. on ROYAL PRINCESS to Valparaiso. First time in S. America. Looking forward to Falklands and penguins !! Do they bite ?!

Posts: 75 | From: Pompano Bch. Florida. USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
sail7seas
First Class Passenger
Member # 1550

posted 09-03-2000 09:06 AM      Profile for sail7seas     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Sympatico: For us it's: Ocean Princess in November; Volendam in February and Maasdam in June.
Gayle
First Class Passenger
Member # 1292

posted 09-03-2000 09:38 AM      Profile for Gayle   Email Gayle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Sympatico, Just 6 weeks untill 15 day Hawii on the Statendam. Then January 2 weeks
at our timeshare in Aruba (just as good as a
cruise) and then March 27th on the Zaandam.
Hope the weather cooperates in Jan. and March.

Posts: 20 | From: Norwalk, Ct. U.S.A. | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 09-03-2000 10:18 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking about doing a Norwegian Fjord cruise next summer.

However, I will have to do some serious research, via CruiseTalk first - lines, ships and itiniaries. Infact I think that the research is half the fun!

If you have any advice on Norwegian cruises, ley me know (see ports of call).

[This message has been edited by Malcolm (edited 09-03-2000).]

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
B_T_CROUCH
Just Boarded
Member # 1552

posted 09-03-2000 12:19 PM      Profile for B_T_CROUCH   Email B_T_CROUCH   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MY HUSBAND AND I ARE GOING ON THE CARNIVAL INSPIRATION ON 10/29/00 DOES ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT THIS SHIP AND IF SO WILL YOU REPLY
WE NEED A GOOD VACATION?
TINA

Posts: 5 | From: SHELBYVILLE IN 46176 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.