- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Princess Cruises, the world-famous cruise line delivering dream vacations to millions each year, celebrated a major construction milestone today of its second Sphere-Class vessel, Star Princess, with the traditional maritime float out ceremony at the Fincantieri Shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy. The new ship will now transfer to the outfitting quay where construction...

Latest News...Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) announced financial results for the third quarter 2024 and provided an updated outlook for the full year and an outlook for fourth quarter 2024.The cumulative advanced booked position for full year 2025 is above the previous 2024 record with prices (in constant currency) ahead of prior year.....

Latest News...Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) today unveils its new brand positioning, "MORE," reinforcing and extending its legacy of delivering more onboard offerings, more places to discover and more value with the launch of its all-new upgraded 'More At Sea' package.NCL has a history of delivering endless options with over 600 unique itineraries through 2026 ...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » how did you fall in love with cruising.? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: how did you fall in love with cruising.?
hooked on cruising
First Class Passenger
Member # 1221

posted 09-09-2000 02:59 PM      Profile for hooked on cruising   Email hooked on cruising   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am curious to know how people have come to love cruising. Do you remember the first time you saw a cruise ship, were you where, what you were doing who you were with? Please share= I was with my family in Cocoa Beach, Florida for a soccer tournament a few years ago. I have always loved the idea of a cruise but thought there was no way we could ever afford it. I had never saw a cruise ship 'up close'. We stayed at an apartment complex right on the water in Cocoa beach, it was beautiful. The first time I saw a cruise ship out on the water I thought I would die. I would stand and watch the ships in awe, especially when they were lit up at night, what a sight. If I was inside when a ship passed the team would shout 'quick Linda your ships going out'. I swore after seeing the ships up close that I would look into prices and have had one cruise since then and we are booked on our second next March break. Hooked on cruising is my forum name, but I realy am hooked.
Posts: 243 | From: London,Ontario,Canada | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Patrick
First Class Passenger
Member # 364

posted 09-09-2000 04:12 PM      Profile for Patrick     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, in my case itŽs a family matter. My grandfather was an officer on the German sail-ship GORCH FOCK and the sea was his home.
My father loved cruising and ship-passages.
I just cought up all and I really love all what has to do with ships.
My first cruise was with the TARAS SHEVCHENKO. That time she was one of the many popular Soviet ships on our market, which offered extremely comfortable cruises for unbelievable cheap rates. The SHEVCHENKO was one of the best units in her category. I remember that the Italians and Greeks had those old second-hand vessels with acceptable prices. The Germans and Britains had luxury vessels with quite high rates so it was not payable. The Caribbean and the very few American liners over there where too far away so the best choice you could do was a Russian ship which would bring you wherever you want, for modest rates and with First-class standards.
The SHEVCHENKO that time still had a black hull and I remember that I didnŽt want to go first because she remembered me on the TITANIC due to her balck hull... Today I wouldnŽt even think to care about this...
Since then cruises became a must for me. i also worked on ships (for example CelebrityŽs ZENITH or ChandrisŽ and FestivalŽs THE AZUR) but to be honest I prefer to be a passenger.
Some other ships IŽve been on: GRUZIYA, ATALANTE, MAXIM GORKIY, FEDOR DOSTOEVSKIY / ASTOR, LA PALMA, AUSONIA, OLYMPIC COUNTESS, COSTA CLASSICA, ASTRA II, FLAMENCO...

Posts: 1680 | From: OSC Luxembourg | Registered: Nov 98  |  IP: Logged
Paddy
First Class Passenger
Member # 357

posted 09-09-2000 05:15 PM      Profile for Paddy   Email Paddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My first cruise was three years ago on the Seawing and like you it was love and addiction. They really are the best type of holiday, but on the downside nothing else is good enough. So its hello cruise, bye bye cheap but fun week in Tenerife. Truly addictive.

Paddy.

Posts: 763 | From: Belfast, Ireland | Registered: Aug 99  |  IP: Logged
CruiseHappy2
Just Boarded
Member # 1449

posted 09-09-2000 05:59 PM      Profile for CruiseHappy2   Email CruiseHappy2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our first cruise was a Christmas gift from my parents in 1997. We were scheduled to go on the Royal Caribbean's Viking Serenade for 4 days to Catalina, San Deigo and Ensenada in September 1998. Two weeks before we were to leave, my husband ended up in the hospital. Thankfully, he was fine but the trip had to be postponed. As September is the best time for me to take off from work, we rescheduled for September 1999. You can image having to wait almost two years to take your dream vacation.

Well the day finally arrived and we were like kids. We drove to California two days before our cruise and took in the sights. First time we've gone on a trip without the kids. We had a room overlooking the port and saw our ship come in. Once we boarded all of the worries of day-to-day life just melted away. It was simply magical. It was the most wonderful, relaxing, carefree vacation we have ever taken.

I knew that this was the type of vacation for me. As soon as we returned, I began researching for our next cruise. We leave in seven days.

Posts: 5 | From: Las Vegas, NV USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
jean elmore
First Class Passenger
Member # 1192

posted 09-09-2000 08:04 PM      Profile for jean elmore     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paddy, why not do them both, Tenerife and cruising? I am, I leave for 2 weeks in Los Gigantes in Oct and then a xmas cruise, the best of both worlds, jean..
Posts: 68 | From: obetz oh. usa | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
claudio
First Class Passenger
Member # 1214

posted 09-10-2000 08:36 AM      Profile for claudio   Email claudio   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MY FIRST TRIP WAS IN 1966 AS A 10 YEAR OLDMY PARENTS TOOK US TO ITALY ON THE ALMOST NEW GUGLIEMO MARCONI 30 DAYS MELBOURNE TO MESSINA. I THOUGHT THIS IS HEAVEN ON EARTH.WE SAW ANOTHER LLOYD TRIESTINO SHIP AT SEA AND THE CAPTAINS CAME TOGETHER QUITE CLOSE I THINK IT WAS VICTORIA. ANYWAY CAME BACK ON GALILEO, SAW FAIRSTAR IN SUEZ CANAL AND ACHILLE LAURO. MY FIRST CRUISE WAS ON FAIRSTAR THEN BELLORUSSIYA,ACHILLE LAURO TWICE, FAIR PRINCESS, SOUTHERN CROSS, CANBERRA LOVED THEM ALL . I HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR ACHILLE LAURO. I AM DREAMING OF MY NEXT CRUISE HAVE GOT IT IN MY HEAD TO GO ON MELODY. WHAT IS IT LIKE? IS IT FULL OF WHINGEING AMERICANS.
Posts: 468 | From: melbourne australia | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
gizmo
First Class Passenger
Member # 972

posted 09-10-2000 05:30 PM      Profile for gizmo   Email gizmo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I fell in love with cruising on the Norway. I won our first cruise by throwing a paper airplane at a hockey game. My husband and I had been talking about going to Scotland for our 10th wedding anniversary but since I won the cruise, we decided to put it off and use some of the money to have a good time on the cruise. We were back from this cruise about a month and booked another. Maybe one of these days I will get to Scotland, but it will be on a cruise ship.
Posts: 686 | From: Kennesaw Ga. (origianlly from Philly) | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
hooked on cruising
First Class Passenger
Member # 1221

posted 09-10-2000 09:29 PM      Profile for hooked on cruising   Email hooked on cruising   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, Gizmo, how lucky can one person be. Throwing a paper airplane!!! I hope you buy lottery tickets regularly? I just did a contest to win a two week cruise for 4, who knows maybe I'll win.
gizmo
First Class Passenger
Member # 972

posted 09-11-2000 12:02 PM      Profile for gizmo   Email gizmo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hooked on cruising,

I had a lot of practice with paper airplanes in school!
Hope you win your contest.

Posts: 686 | From: Kennesaw Ga. (origianlly from Philly) | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Strat
First Class Passenger
Member # 1319

posted 09-11-2000 01:18 PM      Profile for Strat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My thoughts of cruising five years ago was and emphatic "NO WAY". I had no intentions of wasting my time or money doing nothing except sitting on a boat for several days. Boy was I wrong.

My in-laws took my wife and I and our two kids (4 1/2 and 7 years old at the time) as well as my wife's sister's and their husbands on a three night cruise aboard the Leeward. A beautiful ship, we had a great time and I will be forever hooked on cruising.

Since than, I've only gone one additional time (on the Norway this past June), but cruising will remain my favorite vacation.

STRAT

Posts: 25 | From: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
lblk
First Class Passenger
Member # 917

posted 09-11-2000 03:32 PM      Profile for lblk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In November, 1995, we honeymooned in the Florida Keys. We were on a sunset sailboat excursion off the coast of Key West when suddenly we spotted a Royal Caribbean ship which had just left port, and it slowly passed by us. The sheer beauty and grace of the ship was overwhelming to me. It's taken me five years to talk my husband into trying a cruise, but I finally did it and we are taking our first cruise on the Celebrity Century in November to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary!!
Posts: 22 | From: Westminster, MD USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Barryboat
First Class Passenger
Member # 33

posted 09-11-2000 07:28 PM      Profile for Barryboat   Author's Homepage   Email Barryboat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The ship that made me fall in love with passenger ships was the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California.

I think I visited some cruise ships in Miami in 1978. I dreamed about someday being able to go on a cruise. I visited the Norway shortly after she was converted from the France in 1981.

My first cruise on a cruise ship was aboard the Caribe I, which is now the Regal Empress. But actually, I was not a paying customer....I stowed away on the Caribe I, from St Thomas to San Juan in 1984. I was so wanting to go on a cruise, and my family wouldn't consider a cruise for a vacation, so I stowed away. It was an elaborate plan that I had, and it worked! I even had a cabin! But it was only a short few hours from St Thomas to San Juan.

My first actual PAID cruise was with a buddy of mine, while I was in college in southern California, aboard the Azure Seas in 1985.

In 1989 I was hired to work aboard the Nordic Prince with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, then was transfered to the Song of America. 1991 I worked aboard the mvEmpress as Assistant Cruise Director then Cruise Director. 1992 I worked aboard the Zenith and finally I got to live out my wildest fantasy by working as Stage Manager aboard the Queen Elizabeth 2!

Before I even saw my first cruise ship I dreamed of someday going on a cruise. I read many books about ship life in the trans-Atlantic days, and of course I never missed an episode of the Love Boat!

Posts: 1851 | From: Bloomington, Minnesota (Home to the Mall of America) | Registered: Mar 99  |  IP: Logged
hooked on cruising
First Class Passenger
Member # 1221

posted 09-11-2000 08:31 PM      Profile for hooked on cruising   Email hooked on cruising   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow Barryboat, what an exciting life you have lead. I have really enjoyed reading all these posts. This has turned into quite a topic.
joe at travelpage
Administrator
Member # 622

posted 09-11-2000 10:19 PM      Profile for joe at travelpage   Author's Homepage   Email joe at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't have much choice. I was born overseas in 1958 and most people still traveled across the Atlantic by ship so my folks brought me home onboard American Export Line's Constitution (see below)

We crossed three more times before I was five and I was hooked. I still remember the smell of the fresh baked breads at meals, the teak deck after a rain and strange as it may sound, the smell of the wax and fresh flowers when you first boarded the ship.

I also remember getting a thrill out of walking up the gangway to board the ship as you left the comfort of the pier and walked across this small ramp into 7 days of pampering.

Here are a couple of photo's of the family on board the Constitution - ship's photographers were around even back then.

Click here for a larger version: http://www.cruiseserver.net/images/trivia/constitution_walk_on_deck.jpg

Click here for a larger version: http://www.cruiseserver.net/images/trivia/constitution_lifeboat_drill.jpg

Joe at TravelPage.com

Posts: 29976 | From: Great Falls, Virginia | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
NAbbott
First Class Passenger
Member # 1522

posted 09-12-2000 10:15 AM      Profile for NAbbott   Email NAbbott   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My first cruise was a fluke. We had planned our first vacation ever (my husband hated to travel) in 1989 to Disney World. The day before we were to leave me had the worst hail storm ever. Hail the size of softballs. That would be about 5 1/2 - 6 inches. Our cars were severly battered, windows all broken, the roofs on our homes were leaking. We received 12" of rain over night which caused most of our town to flood. Homes two blocks away had 4 feet of water in them. We were up all night emptying pots and watching the water rise. With the dawn came the sun. We surveyed the damage, covered our roof with plastic, retrieved my mother-in-law from her flooded home, got a good nights sleep and left the next day for Disney World. We left a mess behind, but figured everyone else was in the same boat so it would hold for a week. Upon our return, we went to the insurance adjuster, cleaned up the mess, and got a HUGE check for repairs. We had enough money left over after the repairs that we booked our first cruise.

Needless to say, we have been hooked ever since. 10 Days left and we will be on the Norway. I am already thinking of where we might cruise next year.

Nancy

Posts: 23 | From: Monroe, LA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
hooked on cruising
First Class Passenger
Member # 1221

posted 09-12-2000 04:12 PM      Profile for hooked on cruising   Email hooked on cruising   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow, I think I have 'a flaming folder' what a treat. keep writing folks. I want to hear from Malcolm, topgun, Mercy. all the regulars where are your stories?
jmperry1
First Class Passenger
Member # 1462

posted 09-13-2000 06:05 PM      Profile for jmperry1   Email jmperry1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My dad was a marine engineer. When I was a kid he mostly sailed P-2's that were being used as troop transports. I used to go aboard whenever the ships were in port. When I was 7 or 8 he was first engineer on the General Sultan which had cruise ship like areas for transporting the families of officers. I'll always remember being enchanted by the childrens play area which had a small bridge so the kids could play captain. I've been hooked on the sea ever since.

My first time on a "real" cruise line was a few years later when my boy scout troop was given a tour of the old Matson Lines Monterey. It made me want to sail to Hawaii. So far, the only time I've been to Hawaii by ship was coming from the Phillipines while I was in the Navy. Its still a future plan.

James

Posts: 71 | From: Oakland CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Baker
First Class Passenger
Member # 1311

posted 09-13-2000 09:35 PM      Profile for Baker   Email Baker   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As a fifteen year old kid living in the middle of England and never seeing a ship, I saw the movie, 'A Night to Remember' the old Titanic classic then 'The Last Voyage' I got hooked on the ships and sea,but how to go to sea, I had no idea. I wrote to shipping companies and they didnt even reply. Then in 1960 there was a seamans strike in the UK. There was a new union muscling its way in and the seamen were divided with there loyalties. Cunard advertised for Cooks, Bakers,Students, to help keep there large fleet at sea, Remember in those days most travel was done by ships, They had the two Queens and the Mauritania going to NewYork, and the 4 sisters doing their run to Canada plus the Media & Parthia, Not forgetting the Green Goddess 'Caronia' doing cruises.
They were tagged as the DYI (do it yourself ) Line. Passengers who shared in the work, ie. made there own beds etc, were given a reduced fare.
I was only 17, but was taken on as a Asst/baker,(blackleg ) and sailed for 3 years on Cunard, Orient, and Port Line.
A really wonderful experience for a young guy and I wouldnt have missed it for the world.

I was told by an old salt that once you have been to sea it never leaves your blood,
He was so right.. B

Posts: 221 | From: Rosebud, by the Bay.Victoria, Australia | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ascendancy
First Class Passenger
Member # 840

posted 09-14-2000 03:07 PM      Profile for Ascendancy   Email Ascendancy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I fell in love when I boarded the Monarch of the Seas. Out of all the vacations I had ever taken, this one offered me more variety
than any. Why limit yourself to one beach at a resort when you can go to a different island every day? Dancing every night and not a care in the world except when your next fun activity was going to take place.
I don't like boats and I don't like cruise ships, but I like cruising and I like the ocean. Go figure. I booked my first cruise because my brother wanted me to go. Not because I wanted to go.
Now I'm hooked.

Posts: 354 | From: Aurora, CO | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
BigUFan
First Class Passenger
Member # 1382

posted 09-14-2000 04:45 PM      Profile for BigUFan   Author's Homepage   Email BigUFan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My first exposure to ships in general dates back to my early childhood. My parents would take my sister and myself on ship tours now and again. A regular favorite was the Canberra, but I also toured the Doric and Oceanic. Then we'd watch the ships depart. There was something about the occasion even then that stirred something very deep in me.

Technically speaking, I should have never fallen in love with cruising, as my first cruise (to Bermuda on the Nordic Prince) featured terrible weather on the first day out, including 20-foot swells, high winds and heavy rains - we'd followed a cold front out and caught up to it! Yet, somehow after the weather problems subsided (and I was introduced to the joy of The Patch), I found that I absolutely loved the entire atmosphere. I could totally relax and forget about all my troubles, so much so that it caused me to take another cruise, this time to Alaska on the Crown Princess. This was possibly the nicest vacation I've ever taken, as the group I traveled with was very entertaining, and the sheer beauty of Alaska had a lasting effect, one that is causing me to make a return trip next summer with my wife and a number of others. My last cruise was to Halifax, Nova Scotia, on board the Carnival Triumph, and despite my misgivings about Carnival previous to the trip, even this was thoroughly enjoyable.

The fascination I have with ships was rekindled after seeing "Titanic," and it seems to show no sign of abating at this point. Shipspotting is a wonderful, relaxing hobby, although it's a little depressing when you know you're not going to be on board at sailing time.

[This message has been edited by BigUFan (edited 09-14-2000).]

Posts: 904 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 02-17-2006 07:34 PM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It started with my grandfather in 1906 when he first came to the USA on the SS Etruria.

He and my grandmother with my Mom and uncle crossed every other year in the summer from NYC to Europe.

My Mom was pregnant with me on the SS Arcadia on a Bermuda cruise. My Dad called the ship the SS Antiquia.

When my younger sister and I were 7 and 9 respectively we took an 11 day cruise on the TSS Olympia and was my longest and farthest trip away from home at the time. We sailed her the year before the full time cruise refit and was original in all of her fittings and decor. I had so much fun just wandering around, playing in the Never and Wonderland, swimming in the pool when water was rough, and had far better food than I got at home.

By age 15, I had been on 4 cruises.

In my college years and early working years I had limited time and was seeing the world by land. One summer there was a Norwegian Coastal trip on the Harald Jarl.

In 1996 I had heard the old SS United States was docked in Philly: my adopted home town. Drove to see her, pulled over with a dropped jaw and looked at her for one hour, and the love affair was reborn. I have taken 8 cruises since

[ 02-17-2006: Message edited by: desirod7 ]

Posts: 5727 | From: Philadelphia, Pa [home of the SS United States] | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 02-17-2006 07:51 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This lady played an important part....

...finally it was my fathers fault - he also likes ships (tough he is not as crazy as I am ) - in 1979 my family went to Venice to go stand-by with more or less any ship - Danae and Navarino were full so we ended up on the Andrea C. - only two years after I stepped aboard a ship for the first, the Dionea going from Grado to Triest - the first big passenger ship I ever saw was the Carla C. in Venice.

The interest to learn my about ships has then been triggered by the disappearence of the Andrea C. - this was the reason why I started to read books and journals.

After some other cruises a cruise aboard the Europa in 1986 mad it then permanent - I became friend with the son of one of the officers who was aboard (sadly I lost the contact) - we were allowed to go quite anywhere on the ship.....

[ 02-17-2006: Message edited by: Ernst ]

Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cambodge
First Class Passenger
Member # 906

posted 02-17-2006 09:12 PM      Profile for Cambodge   Email Cambodge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My late wife and I never did "fall in love with crusing." What we did is "fall in love with travel by ship." There was, and, possibly still is, a world of difference. We made an unforgettable "Crossing" NY-Copenhagen" on Kungsholm, in 1960. We made a return "Crossing" on Flandre in 1960. Subsequent crossings were on "France," "Masdam" "Queen Mary" and five such on QE2. We never really liked "crusing" with all the fripperiies and nonsense. And my most recent "cruises" were "repositioning cruises," which is sort of cruisespeak for "crossings.' Next one, "Regatta" Miami-Barcelona in late March.

The defense rests.

Posts: 2149 | From: St. Michaels MD USA , the town that fooled the British! | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
tazza
First Class Passenger
Member # 5450

posted 02-18-2006 08:08 AM      Profile for tazza     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My first cruise was on Fair Princess in '99 with my family. My cousins and I fell in love with it, but since then a family rift meant we never got to go a second time together. After the fun I had on the first time, I went on Pacific Sky at the end of '04 with my immediate family for my birthday. Again, I had a great time and when I got back I convinced my friends to go on a cruise after school as a graduation present to ourselves. So at the end of Jan I went on Pacific Sun, who knew you could get sick of your friends so quickly??? I don't think I was really prepared for being together 24/7 for so long. I had a really good time, but I was happy to get back into Sydney and probably would have come back a few days earlier if it was up to me. That was probably the only slightly negative aspect of it, apart from that, I love ships, I love the ocean, and I love the ship atmosphere. You just need the right people to share it with.
Posts: 164 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
docfl
First Class Passenger
Member # 4218

posted 02-18-2006 09:02 AM      Profile for docfl   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My first cruise was in the in the late 70's very early 80s, on the Sunward 2. I was hooked then. 2nd was in 81 on the Festivale then I took my wife on our honeymoon on the Fantasy from Port Canaval to the Bahamas and she was hooked. This April We are going on a transatlantic on the Carnival Liberty to Rome and this is going to be my 6th cruise and her's 4th. This is the First time were going to be on a Carnival ship(besides my first trip on the Festivale)on something other then a Fantasy class ship and we are looking forward to it.
Docfl

Posts: 112 | From: Tampa Fl | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.