- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Princess Cruises, the world-famous cruise line delivering dream vacations to millions each year, celebrated a major construction milestone today of its second Sphere-Class vessel, Star Princess, with the traditional maritime float out ceremony at the Fincantieri Shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy. The new ship will now transfer to the outfitting quay where construction...

Latest News...Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) announced financial results for the third quarter 2024 and provided an updated outlook for the full year and an outlook for fourth quarter 2024.The cumulative advanced booked position for full year 2025 is above the previous 2024 record with prices (in constant currency) ahead of prior year.....

Latest News...Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) today unveils its new brand positioning, "MORE," reinforcing and extending its legacy of delivering more onboard offerings, more places to discover and more value with the launch of its all-new upgraded 'More At Sea' package.NCL has a history of delivering endless options with over 600 unique itineraries through 2026 ...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » What you would do in Cruise Terms if you won the Lottery? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: What you would do in Cruise Terms if you won the Lottery?
Scottylass
First Class Passenger
Member # 420

posted 10-12-2000 02:59 AM      Profile for Scottylass   Email Scottylass   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello All:

I thought this might make a good thread. If you won the lottery - say for instance 10 million GBP, or 15 million US dollars, or 25 million Canadian dollars etc., or any other currency whichever is relevant, - barring giving some to Charity or needy causes, how would you spend it in terms of cruises/shipping etc.

Cheers
M.

Posts: 648 | From: Stirlingshire, Scotland | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
Mercy
First Class Passenger
Member # 322

posted 10-12-2000 06:36 AM      Profile for Mercy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Scottylass!
I have thought about this before. My dream cruise would be to Tahiti and Bora Bora for at least two weeks!

Posts: 697 | From: Stanwood, Wa. USA | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Ryndam
First Class Passenger
Member # 1315

posted 10-12-2000 07:22 AM      Profile for Ryndam   Email Ryndam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A world cruise with Silversea in their largest suite. After that an Antartica cruise. Of course every year two or three smaller cruises around the world with variuos cruise lines.

Ryndam

Posts: 260 | From: Genoa (Italy) | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
tomc
First Class Passenger
Member # 1624

posted 10-12-2000 09:02 AM      Profile for tomc   Email tomc   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I travel alone. Large outside double 2x/year. One to Alaska, one to New England/Canada. First Class air to Alaska.
Posts: 78 | From: Wilkes-Barre PA USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rex
First Class Passenger
Member # 1113

posted 10-12-2000 10:10 AM      Profile for Rex     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would book the Piano or Library Penthouses on the AURORA, Scottylass, and I would take you with me
Posts: 1413 | From: Philadelphia PA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Barryboat
First Class Passenger
Member # 33

posted 10-12-2000 11:07 AM      Profile for Barryboat   Author's Homepage   Email Barryboat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would do a world cruise on the QE2 or Crystal Cruises. Live it up....see parts of the world I haven't already seen.

I would maybe use my money to buy the ss United States, and fix her up. I would then build a permanent suite onboard for me to live on the ship.

But I never play the lottery so I'll never know, will I.

[This message has been edited by Barryboat (edited 10-12-2000).]

Posts: 1851 | From: Bloomington, Minnesota (Home to the Mall of America) | Registered: Mar 99  |  IP: Logged
gizmo
First Class Passenger
Member # 972

posted 10-12-2000 12:50 PM      Profile for gizmo   Email gizmo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First I would call HAL to make arrangements to get on the WC ship. I would jump on a plane to the UK and stop at Harrod's for some 'cruise wear'. Head to Scottland for a couple of days then meet up with the ship wherever it was.
Posts: 686 | From: Kennesaw Ga. (origianlly from Philly) | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Patrick
First Class Passenger
Member # 364

posted 10-12-2000 01:03 PM      Profile for Patrick     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The first choice would be a world-cruise with MAXIM GORKIY.
If I couldnŽt fix the time you need for such a cruise, IŽd choose a cruise in the Indian Ocean and South Africa with the EUROPA or instead a Pacific cruise with EUROPA.

In case I would not want to go for any of those cruises, IŽd like to invest a part of the money into the ODESSA to bring her back to what she was known for.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-12-2000).]

Posts: 1680 | From: OSC Luxembourg | Registered: Nov 98  |  IP: Logged
Paddy
First Class Passenger
Member # 357

posted 10-12-2000 01:36 PM      Profile for Paddy   Email Paddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First thing, get on a short Aurora cruise to make sure I like the ship, then I book the Piano Suite for the World Cruise. In between now and then I wanna try the biggest suite on the Voyager or Explorer, and Star Leo in Hawaii. Of course, i will hopefully buy a little house on Lanzarote, and if I do win, buy a block of rooms on maybe the Rembrandt for our group cruise, or whatever ship is desired (answers on a postcard please). Maybe the Millennium actually, we'll see.

Paddy.

Posts: 763 | From: Belfast, Ireland | Registered: Aug 99  |  IP: Logged
Justine
First Class Passenger
Member # 1335

posted 10-12-2000 02:44 PM      Profile for Justine   Email Justine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My "future ex-husband" would still not cruise for any amount amount of money, so I would have to take care of that first. I guess.

Then I would alternate sailings and tours of
Great Britain. For instance, The Norwegian Fjords, Two weeks in England, back to the Fjords etc. until I have exhausted my funds, or until I'm too old to do this. Then and only then would I change cruise lines. Got to work hard for those famous little pins. LOL

Posts: 126 | From: Northern Ontario | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
BigUFan
First Class Passenger
Member # 1382

posted 10-12-2000 02:54 PM      Profile for BigUFan   Author's Homepage   Email BigUFan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Barryboat read my mind; I'd do almost exactly the same thing except for the permanent Big U suite, because I hadn't actually thought about that.
Posts: 904 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
jeff
First Class Passenger
Member # 614

posted 10-12-2000 03:02 PM      Profile for jeff     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well....hmmmm....all i can say is that i would be first in line to grab the ultimate suite aboard the "queen mary 2" and sail for 3 months around the world....that about does it...jeff
Posts: 180 | From: vancouver,b.c.,canada | Registered: Jun 99  |  IP: Logged
Scottylass
First Class Passenger
Member # 420

posted 10-12-2000 03:20 PM      Profile for Scottylass   Email Scottylass   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rex:

That sounds like a great idea, I could go along as your Chaperone just to make sure nobody goes after you for your money!!

Cheers
M.

[This message has been edited by Scottylass (edited 10-12-2000).]

LizB
First Class Passenger
Member # 1243

posted 10-12-2000 03:52 PM      Profile for LizB     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My choice would be to finally have a Suite for the WC on the Rotterdam 2001(or 2002 Amsterdam). But then, I'm like Barryboat, I don't play the lottery either so don't stand a chance at this wish! Sounds like fun anyway!
Posts: 133 | From: S.Dennis,MA, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
hooked on cruising
First Class Passenger
Member # 1221

posted 10-12-2000 09:19 PM      Profile for hooked on cruising   Email hooked on cruising   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, Scottylass, you read my mind. Since the super 7 in Canada this Friday is worth 20 MILLION my husband and I were dreaming about this topic just last night. We would do a world cruise stopping off at all the places we only dream about, Egypt, Austrialia etc etc. We would like to go on the QE2 but hell with 20 mill we could go anywhere on any ship. We decided we would fly all our family out from rainy old Belfast (right paddy) and treat them all to the wonder of cruising. Keep on dreaming EH. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share my dream with everyone Scottylass
Posts: 243 | From: London,Ontario,Canada | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
sympatico
First Class Passenger
Member # 797

posted 10-12-2000 09:54 PM      Profile for sympatico     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Hooked - I am running out tomorrow and buying a Super 7 ticket - maybe we'll split it, eh!
If I won it I would take a World Cruise on HAL, do a couple of Hawaii cruises and then go to all the places my husband and I never went to in Europe, Norway, etc. I would take my two children, spouses and grandchildren with me on the cruises. 20Mil goes a long way. Let's hope, eh, Hooked!

Posts: 3305 | From: Toronto, Ont. Canada | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
DianaD
First Class Passenger
Member # 1010

posted 10-12-2000 10:55 PM      Profile for DianaD   Email DianaD   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Definitely a world cruise in the Penthouse Suite.
Posts: 308 | From: Whitby, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
jmperry1
First Class Passenger
Member # 1462

posted 10-12-2000 11:59 PM      Profile for jmperry1   Email jmperry1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd take a traiun to the East Coast, then board a Transatlantic cruise to Europe. I'd spend about five months wandering about Europe soaking it all in. Then I'd take a transatlantic cruise back to U.S., followed by a Panama Canal cruise back to California.
After a break, I'd do the same thing across the Pacific.
I'd never step foot on an airplane again.

James

Posts: 71 | From: Oakland CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grant
First Class Passenger
Member # 1000

posted 10-12-2000 11:59 PM      Profile for Grant   Email Grant   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For me it would be World Cruises too, and probably with HAL or P&O. Unlike most of you though, I would settle for a regular cabin, and spend the difference in doing a second or third trip on another vessel or a different route. Once aboard Canberra, I met a couple who were on their fourth world cruise in four years; each slightly different from the others. Now that is a plan a like!
Posts: 834 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
bubbles
First Class Passenger
Member # 1415

posted 10-13-2000 04:01 AM      Profile for bubbles   Email bubbles   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I might board Residensea (if it ever gets afloat) in premier cabin and spend inordinate amount of time cruising between one world's attraction and another depending on the time of year. Rio for Carnival; Venice for Carnival; New Orleans for Jazz Festival; Australia for New Year etc. Just going where the whim took me, I would just pick up the phone and tell the Captain to make course for ........ wherever!!!
Posts: 133 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mercy
First Class Passenger
Member # 322

posted 10-13-2000 09:00 AM      Profile for Mercy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our Washington State Lottery is up to $26 million this week! I think Scottylass is my good luck charm! I got a fortune cookie a few weeks ago, that said "More money and travel in your future"! That convinces me to go spend my $1.
Posts: 697 | From: Stanwood, Wa. USA | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
jmfleser
First Class Passenger
Member # 1141

posted 10-13-2000 12:16 PM      Profile for jmfleser   Email jmfleser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bubbles, you took the fantasy right out of my mouth. I think having a suite aboard the Residensea and going wherever you choose sounds just wonderful to me.
Posts: 183 | From: Esperance, NY USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
bostom
First Class Passenger
Member # 1628

posted 10-14-2000 12:11 AM      Profile for bostom   Email bostom   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I'd follow the lead of the lovely lady interviewed last week on CBS TV's Sunday Morning program and move onboard the QE2. She's been on it for years, says it costs $6000 a month (cheaper than a nursing home and even at 81, a helluva lot more fun) and apart from visiting her son when it's in drydock, never gets off.

Even with all my winnings, the $7.50 per page charge for emails sent onboard would frost me. I'd have to send you my reports collect

Posts: 93 | From: Boston, MA USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
sympatico
First Class Passenger
Member # 797

posted 10-14-2000 09:43 AM      Profile for sympatico     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HOOKED ON CRUISING - DID YOU WIN??? I didn't. Got only two numbers, but 2 people apparently split the $20M - I would have been very happy with $10M - still could have done a lot of cruising.
Posts: 3305 | From: Toronto, Ont. Canada | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
Scottylass
First Class Passenger
Member # 420

posted 10-14-2000 10:48 AM      Profile for Scottylass   Email Scottylass   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mercy,

I hope if you win you will remember your good luck charm and send me some commission

Cheers
Mary

Fingers will be crossed tonight for both your's and our lotteries.

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.