- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Carnival Cruise line released the following statement regarding Hurricane Beryl:

Carnival's Fleet Operations Center in Miami is actively monitoring forecasts for possible impacts to itineraries from Hurricane Beryl. Given Hurricane Beryl’s projected path, Carnival has adjusted the following itineraries: Carnival Horizon will add a visit to Nassau, The Bahamas on Friday, July 5....

Latest News...Oceania Cruises has marked an important milestone in the construction of its new 1,200-guest ship, Allura, at the Fincantieri shipyard in Sestri Ponente, Italy, bordering the famed seaport of Genoa. A landmark moment as the ship moves towards completion, the vessel was floated from the dry-dock and moved to the fitting-out berth to begin outfitting the luxurious, designer-inspired interiors....

Latest News...Crystal, the leader in exceptional cruise experiences, announced today the signing of a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with renowned Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri. This agreement marks the commencement of the construction of two groundbreaking ships that will redefine high-end travel on the seas.The 690-passenger (based on double occupancy), 61,800-gross-ton ships ...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Ethnic diversity of passengers (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: Ethnic diversity of passengers
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 12-08-2000 11:34 PM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When first cruising from NYC in the early '70s all passengers where white Americans.

All the recent cruises I have taken there is a good cross section of white, European, Jewish, African American, African West Indian, Asian peoples of all countries, and people from India and Pakistan.

Most of the crew and officers on ships now is multi-national. I have seen Filipino, Lithuanian, and many form Latin America and Africa.

To me it makes a more interesting cruise. When reading posts I notice it gets most heated when Europeans think they know what Americans like and visca versa.

I had a Fellini-esque [movie: And the Ship Sails On] lunch in the elegant La Fontaine dining room of the Rembrandt with a Snuffy-Smith, Jed Clampett type rural Texan wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt and a white DA [brought his own spices grown on his farm], his put upon wife whose hair was an awful shade of indigo, a black Joan Armatrading type lesbian nurse from Cleveland sitting across from him trying to make conversation, me: an east coast liberal, and a Korean couple. The dynamics and inter-relationships were so strange it was comical LOL

I am 1/2 Irish 1/2 Jewish: when I dont drink I feel guilty.

Please share experiences and comments.
Rex, I am interested in your insights.

Posts: 5727 | From: Philadelphia, Pa [home of the SS United States] | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rex
First Class Passenger
Member # 1113

posted 12-09-2000 02:26 PM      Profile for Rex     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oy vey, bushka, you picked a hot topic. After that last one, I am almost afraid to touch it.

I have only been on two cruises, and the majority of the passengers were white Americans, with a smattering of Canadians and Asians, I guess.

Several of my relatives have been cruising, all on Carnival, which seems to aim for middle America, yet I have yet to see cruise ads in any of the major magazines geared toward the African-American market. It's a potentially lucrative one, since our estimated buying power is $300 billion+ (higher than the GNP of Sweden!). And we do love to travel. I believe the stigma, if you want to call it that, is that cruising is a bastion of older white Americans, and that is a shame, because I love it. I used to get teased so bad growing up for loving ocean liners and cruise ships - my peers considered it a "white" thing. Many of them still do, although this is changing. I can't explain it, I just LOVE it! And when you love something as a hobby, I guess one's ethnic background has little or nothing to do with it. I just love ships, and always will.

But since blacks and other minorities are increasing on cruise ships without the benefit of any special advertising, maybe it's not necessary - just let things happen!

But I did go to an African-American travel website this summer, and can you believe it, Desirod, Peter Deilmann's honey of a ship, the DEUTSCHLAND, is chartering a "Jazz Cruise" to the western coast of Africa. I guess even Mr. Deilmann sees the bigger picture...

Did I answer your question or not?

Posts: 1413 | From: Philadelphia PA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
jean elmore
First Class Passenger
Member # 1192

posted 12-09-2000 04:37 PM      Profile for jean elmore     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rex, in Nov. the Carnival Triumph sailed the Western Carib. on an Essence cruise, almost 100% African American passengers, it was heavily advertized in the Atlanta, Chicago and NY areas, I have a couple of friends who sailed on it. jean
Posts: 68 | From: obetz oh. usa | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rex
First Class Passenger
Member # 1113

posted 12-09-2000 09:08 PM      Profile for Rex     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Jean. Maybe Carnival is not such a bad cruise line after all . Bless Micky Arison for seeing only the color green .
Posts: 1413 | From: Philadelphia PA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 03-14-2001 11:01 AM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
French and German passengers:
Norway X-atlantic

"In fact we met a French diplomatic couple of immense culture who had worked all over the world on the Norway. She in her Paris fashions and French perfume had a high level
of sophistication and incredible beauty"

"German culture. As in Beethoven, Goethe,
Schiller, Mozart,Mahler etc etc. Germans and
Russians have nothing to do with each other and have been in conflict for a thousand years because of it. We met many deeply
sympathetic French people on board"

"the French people on board, one couple in particular. And it was a joy to enter New York harbor at dawn surrounded by excitable French people. When the French are having a good time, they're delightful to be around.

During opening drill, we stood around in life
jackets while the staffer told us about the
staffer told us about the lifeboats. When she
mentioned that there was food stored aboard, the French immediately asked for menus, while the Americans wanted to know how long the food had been stored.

The French were also delightful at the tea dance every day at 4 o'clock."

[ 06-04-2005: Message edited by: desirod7 ]

Posts: 5727 | From: Philadelphia, Pa [home of the SS United States] | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mercy
First Class Passenger
Member # 322

posted 03-14-2001 11:44 AM      Profile for Mercy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have noticed that different itineraries attract different nationalities. In Alaska there were a lot of Japanese on board and French. Caribbean, I found there to be more English and U.S. East coasters. The Mexican Riviera there were a LOT of Californians.My travel agent told me that the Hawaii cruises attract a lot of Orientals. I think it makes a cruise more interesting. We sat with two couples from England last cruise. It was fun to compare things in our two countris.
Posts: 697 | From: Stanwood, Wa. USA | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 03-14-2001 01:02 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mercy:
..I think it makes a cruise more interesting. We sat with two couples from England last cruise. It was fun to compare things in our two countris.

Well said Mercy! It is nice to hear such a positive attitude about the 'different' nationalities.

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Green
First Class Passenger
Member # 171

posted 03-14-2001 09:31 PM      Profile for Green     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mercy:
I have noticed that different itineraries attract different nationalities. In Alaska there were a lot of Japanese on board and French. Caribbean, I found there to be more English and U.S. East coasters. The Mexican Riviera there were a LOT of Californians.My travel agent told me that the Hawaii cruises attract a lot of Orientals. I think it makes a cruise more interesting. We sat with two couples from England last cruise. It was fun to compare things in our two countris.

Hi Mercy - Not surprising that there were many Japanese on the Alaska trip, particularly if they could join in Vancouver.
They always appear to travel in groups,and keep very much to themselves. On our recent Hawaii cruise we had no Orientals. Mostly Americans, Black and White, a good number of Dutch and German, about a dozen Brits and maybe 200 Canadians - some may have been French Canadian. Our table had 6 Americans and 4 Canadians. Interests and professions were diverse - made for lively dinner conversations

Posts: 2913 | From: Markham, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
soon2cruise
First Class Passenger
Member # 1827

posted 03-15-2001 12:19 PM      Profile for soon2cruise     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My husband and I are both African American and this is my first (his second) cruise coming up on the 23rd of this month. Even though we are only in our mid 20's, it has been my experience from talking to people in our age group and older, that generally only a relatively small percentage of African Americans cruise, but that the percentage is slowly growing. I think this is because cruising has been perceived by some in our demographic as being a "wealthy white" person's activity. Also, some Blacks aren't comfortable when they are surrounded by mostly non-black people, and they figure this will be the case on a cruise.

More and more of my Black associates are choosing cruising as their prime vacation option and they are loving it and spreading the word. So I think you will see more African Americans participating in this activity. (Hopefully that won't bother too many people.)

I know that the ethnic make-up of passengers has never been a consideration of ours. We both get along very well with people of all age groups and ethnic backgrounds and we can't wait to be around many different people with a common love - cruising.

Posts: 41 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
dixwelll
Just Boarded
Member # 1822

posted 03-15-2001 04:33 PM      Profile for dixwelll   Email dixwelll   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been on well over 100 cruises during the last 25 years. I can say with some accuracy that when sailing out of New York you get mostly folks from Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusettes. You get a few here & there from Maine, New Hampshire & Vermont, and a few more from Maryland & Delaware. Everyone else from that point south & west sails from Florida, usually. All of these folks are mostly white, but the numbers of blacks is growing all the time - as it should be. Just because you are black you shouldn't go on a cruise? Well, I'm glad that's changing.

Sailing from Florida is a very different demographic. Lots of southerners and folks from the mid-west. Depending on the cruise line, far too many Central & South Americans, & Mexicans. They generally travel in huge groups with lots of spoiled and rude children. They all smoke incessantly,and everywhere on the ship (not paying the slightest bit of attention to "No Smoking" signs or crew members that request they put out their cigarettes!), they talk during the shows and presentations, they push into lines and cut other people out of the line. I make no apologies, either. They KNOW they behave badly, and are perfectly content to do so.

Italians tend to travel on lines that advertise "Italian crew", but unfortunately crews strictly from one country are relatively rare these days.

Travelling in Europe is a completely different story. Germans & Swiss travel on ships quite a bit. Lots of Asians, travelling in groups, and as stated in one of the other postings, mostly keeping to themselves and relatively polite.

A quick & funny story - I was on a Greek ship, sailing from Pireaus around the islands for 7 days. Small ship, no more than 500 passengers total,60% Austrailians who were great fun and wonderful "chums". About 30 or 40 Americans (myself among them), and the rest, well, the rest were Japanese folks. Back then, the men wore suits & ties and straw sandles with that little strap that goes between your big toe and the next one - with socks - all the time.

The women were a little more casual, but not by much. One bright morning very early I went on deck, grabbed my own old-fashioned wooden deck chair, got a mat & a towel, brought the chair by the rail, set the whole thing up and was ready to sit down when one of these Japanese gentleman nodded and then bowed at the waist. I bowed back (not knowing what else in the world to do), and he proceeded to sit down on my chair. I smiled broadly, thinking how cute this actually was, went back to the stack of chairs, followed through the same routine, and when I looked up, there was another Japanese gent, nodding and bowing and making the movement towards my chair. And so now what was I supposed to do? I smiled & bowed, and let him sit. When I went back to the stack of chairs, there was a fairly long line of Japanese men, dark suits, white shirts, ties, slightly balding, wearing those little straw sandles - with socks.

I proceeded to spend the next half hour or so setting up deck chairs for this smiley, happy, non-English speaking contingent of Japanese travellers. Not one of them tipped me. No wonder the deck steward was nowhere in sight that early morn. But I was glad I was. Odd though, I have recently heard that Asians are really big tippers...

Posts: 5 | From: New Haven, CT USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
BALCONY
First Class Passenger
Member # 1553

posted 03-18-2001 08:20 PM      Profile for BALCONY     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, your E:mail address unavailable. I have something to send you.
quote:
Originally posted by soon2cruise:
My husband and I are both African American and this is my first (his second) cruise coming up on the 23rd of this month. Even though we are only in our mid 20's, it has been my experience from talking to people in our age group and older, that generally only a relatively small percentage of African Americans cruise, but that the percentage is slowly growing. I think this is because cruising has been perceived by some in our demographic as being a "wealthy white" person's activity. Also, some Blacks aren't comfortable when they are surrounded by mostly non-black people, and they figure this will be the case on a cruise.

More and more of my Black associates are choosing cruising as their prime vacation option and they are loving it and spreading the word. So I think you will see more African Americans participating in this activity. (Hopefully that won't bother too many people.)

I know that the ethnic make-up of passengers has never been a consideration of ours. We both get along very well with people of all age groups and ethnic backgrounds and we can't wait to be around many different people with a common love - cruising.

Posts: 67 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
soon2cruise
First Class Passenger
Member # 1827

posted 03-19-2001 11:03 AM      Profile for soon2cruise     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BALCONY:
Sorry, your E:mail address unavailable. I have something to send you.

Is it something that cannot be posted on the regular board? If not, I will try to update my info to include my e-mail address. Only a few more days until I am "out of town" so hurry!

Posts: 41 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 04-08-2001 08:10 AM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just got back from the Norway. My dinner companions, one was my ethnic type, the other 2 were not, plus they were the political opposite:religious republican.
One never talks politics with stranger dinner mates. The two republicans and I hit it off and agreed not to talk politics. One of them has a husband who is a state legislator and wanted to vacation from politics.

We shared a cab in St. Thomas too.

The one from my ethnic group, was a motormouth who rubbed all the wrong way.
Not a bad person, but would not stop talking.

The Norway had a good cross section of middle America, some French, and Canadian passengers too. Young, teen, and old, gay, lesbian and straight, African Americans, only noticed a dis-proportionate number of seriously fat people.

All are on board to have a good time, and prejudice barriers tend to break on a ship.
People see each other as individuals

Ceefa's Mate
First Class Passenger
Member # 1857

posted 04-08-2001 04:16 PM      Profile for Ceefa's Mate        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Quote by Desirod6 "The Norway had a good cross section of middle America, some French, and Canadian passengers too. Young, teen, and old, gay, lesbian and straight, African Americans, only noticed a dis-proportionate number of seriously fat people.

All are on board to have a good time, and prejudice barriers tend to break on a ship.

Oh Well said Desirod6! With that attitude I would love to meet you on a future cruise!
Live & let live I say!!!

Posts: 77 | From: Buckinghamshire, England | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Frank X. Prudent
First Class Passenger
Member # 1723

posted 04-08-2001 07:48 PM      Profile for Frank X. Prudent   Email Frank X. Prudent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desirod6:

The Norway had a good cross section of middle America, some French, and Canadian passengers too. Young, teen, and old, gay, lesbian and straight, African Americans...

Hear, hear! What's that they say about all being in the same boat? Thanks, desirod 6

[This message has been edited by Frank X. Prudent (edited 04-08-2001).]

Posts: 577 | From: Covington, Kentucky, U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 07-25-2001 10:34 AM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In the old days you knew if you were on an Italian, Greek, French, British or German ship. Today with multi-national crews and homogenous entertainment, there is little ethnicity.

[ 04-24-2002: Message edited by: desirod6 ]

desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 04-24-2002 12:15 PM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 08-07-2002 09:19 AM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Pacific Princess with 650 passengers had about
40 African Americans on board, 30 Brits, and 40 Canadians.

The crew was British, Filipino, Hungarian, Romanian, and Polish.

All blended in.

The texas comedian made a Hillary Clinton joke that went over like the Ocean Glory's British coast guard inspection.

One table mate who voted for Lazio was offended.

There were mostly New Yorkers and Northeast Corridor people on board. Many who voted for Hillary, and miss her husband's presidency.

Cruising is no longer the province of the wealthy
caucasian senior citizen.

No one should fear taking a cruise on worry about not fitting in.

cruiseny
First Class Passenger
Member # 2928

posted 08-07-2002 10:24 AM      Profile for cruiseny     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I for one am happy to see different diverse groups on cruises.

Desirod, I like your attitude. Can't imagine you amongst religious Republicans though !

I don't quite understand why the Texan made a joke that would offend the person who voted for Lazio... I would think a Texas "Hillary" joke would be more likely to offend the Hillary supporters?

I will keep my personal views on the topic out of this conversation for the safety and comfort of others ...

Happy Cruising,
Cruiseny

Posts: 4730 | From: New York, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 08-07-2002 12:30 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Cruising is no longer the province of the wealthy caucasian senior citizen.

I think it still largely is in Britain!

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 08-07-2002 01:20 PM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:

I think it still largely is in Britain!

Thanks, I will book a British cruise and let the crew give me the 'extra' service that somehow happens to me when travelling solo

I'm sure you found a diverse lot on the Norway x-atlantic.

IMO Cruisers out of NYC/Boston/Philly/Baltimore tend to be more in sync with a European style than Miami, New Orleans, or Galveston. However NYC is a summertime port only.

How hard is it for you and Mrs. M to book American format ships?

[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: desirod6 ]

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 08-07-2002 04:36 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by desirod6:
I'm sure you found a diverse lot on the Norway x-atlantic.

Nationality wise, yes, age, no. Mainly Americans, a lot of Brits, 500 or so French, plus small percentage of 'various'. I would say the average age was 55 and almost exclusively white. There were very few children or younger people, the disco never took off on any evening!

How hard is it for you and Mrs. M to book American format ships?

Very easy! All the major American cruise lines (with one exception) have there brochures readily available in our shopping centre Travel Agents. Most visit UK ports each summer. The one exception is Carnival! Their cruises are often found in the Virgin brochure. There ships do not normally cruise from British ports. They really do not seem to be bothered in attracting us Brits. Most of the general public would have never heard of them.

We only really have one cruise line which cruises from British ports, which attracts a slightly younger crowd. That is My Travel (Airtours). However, the average age is probably still in the mid to late forties?

P&O and Cunard certainly do not attract the young set!

[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

vg5157
First Class Passenger
Member # 3182

posted 08-08-2002 09:12 PM      Profile for vg5157   Email vg5157   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Pacific Princess with 650 passengers had about
40 African Americans on board, 30 Brits, and 40 Canadians.

The crew was British, Filipino, Hungarian, Romanian, and Polish.

All blended in.

The texas comedian made a Hillary Clinton joke that went over like the Ocean Glory's British coast guard inspection.

One table mate who voted for Lazio was offended.

There were mostly New Yorkers and Northeast Corridor people on board. Many who voted for Hillary, and miss her husband's presidency.

Cruising is no longer the province of the wealthy
caucasian senior citizen.

No one should fear taking a cruise on worry about not fitting in.

Actually ,do you count those people ?,I have a friend,("african-american"),who hate, when people identify him as an african-american,he always said he is an black american; I believe Tiger Woods make that correction once.

Posts: 152 | From: Miami,Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cheren
First Class Passenger
Member # 1531

posted 08-09-2002 03:26 AM      Profile for Cheren   Author's Homepage   Email Cheren   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey !!! NO one talked about Italians!!! I am Italian (so living in Europe) and I usually cruise every year (on summer)... I cruised italian, american, french and norwegian ships, and now I will cruise a greek ship! The point is probably : which kind of ppl do we expect to find when we are on board? and who are those we prefer? and more : who we really dislike? any comments about italian cruisers will be welcome best regards
Cheren (Rome-Italy)

Posts: 67 | From: Rome,Italy,Europe | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Steve Read (sread)
First Class Passenger
Member # 788

posted 08-09-2002 04:43 AM      Profile for Steve Read (sread)   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Read (sread)   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Malcolm wrote:
quote:
...a slightly younger crowd ... the average age is probably still in the mid to late forties...

Slightly younger? Slightly???

I was walking through town a few months ago, and a music shop had a drum kit in the window for a very cheap price. I've never owned one, never played one, but decided to buy it. The shop assistant shouted through to the store-room: "Box up another mid-life crisis..."

Posts: 926 | From: Locksbottom, Kent, England | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.