- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Princess Cruises, the world-famous cruise line delivering dream vacations to millions each year, celebrated a major construction milestone today of its second Sphere-Class vessel, Star Princess, with the traditional maritime float out ceremony at the Fincantieri Shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy. The new ship will now transfer to the outfitting quay where construction...

Latest News...Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) announced financial results for the third quarter 2024 and provided an updated outlook for the full year and an outlook for fourth quarter 2024.The cumulative advanced booked position for full year 2025 is above the previous 2024 record with prices (in constant currency) ahead of prior year.....

Latest News...Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) today unveils its new brand positioning, "MORE," reinforcing and extending its legacy of delivering more onboard offerings, more places to discover and more value with the launch of its all-new upgraded 'More At Sea' package.NCL has a history of delivering endless options with over 600 unique itineraries through 2026 ...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » QM2 voyage to Rio - latest (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: QM2 voyage to Rio - latest
OceanVoyager
First Class Passenger
Member # 5585

posted 01-23-2006 04:25 PM      Profile for OceanVoyager   Email OceanVoyager   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi all, in tomorrows Lloyds List, looks like a few passengers are kicking up a fuss, perhaps they should look at the small print on the booking conditions:-

1) Page 1
QM2 deadlock continues as passengers threaten missed ports mutiny

Tuesday January 24 2006

PASSENGERS aboard Cunard flagship Queen Mary 2are continuing to threaten to refuse to leave the ship when it reaches Rio de Janeiro, in a row over compensation for three lost port calls, writes Sandra Speares.

A number of passengers say they will refuse to disembark in Rio when the ship arrives there on Thursday, where a further 1,000 passengers are set to board the QM2 for the next leg of a 38 day cruise.

The protest arises from Cunard’s decision to cancel calls in St Kitts, Barbados and Salvador in order to make up time lost when one of the ship’s propulsion pods had to be taken out of service due to damage sustained while leaving Port Everglades.

Cunard has offered a 50% refund for passengers affected by the lost calls, which were needed for the QM2to arrive in Rio on time to pick up more passengers. However some have protested that compensation is insufficient and say they were not told about the missed port calls before the ship left Fort Lauderdale.

A spokesman for Cunard said that he did not believe the protests to be extensive and 30 to 100 passengers had had three or four meetings with the captain on the issue.

While the spokesman said he understood people were upset, there was “no option” but to sail direct to Rio where about 1,100 passengers are due to disembark.

Cunard says there will be no further cancellations, although there will be shorter calls in Rio, Montevideo and Acapulco for which passengers will be offered compensation in the form of $100 per person onboard credit.

Cunard is not commenting on what is likely to happen when the ship reaches Rio and whether passengers will carry out their threat to stay in their cabins and refuse to disembark.

Meanwhile, the US Coast Guard investigation into the circumstances surrounding the damage to QM2’s fourth pod is continuing and the Cunard spokesman said the company was co-operating fully with the authorities.

2) Casualty Report:-

MARINE
QUEEN MARY 2 (U.K.)

Tuesday January 24 2006

London, Jan 23 -- A press report, dated Jan 22, states: Some passengers on board passenger Queen Mary 2 are threatening a sit-in when the vessel reaches port in Brazil to protest a last-minute change in itinerary, the vessel's operator said today. The vessel left New York on Jan 15 and was scheduled to arrive in Los Angeles on Feb 22. Carrying more than 2,500 passengers, it hit the side of a Florida shipping channel Jan 18, damaging a motor and reducing its speed. The cruise cut stops in Barbados, St. Kitts and Salvador, Brazil, to make up for lost time, said Eric Flounders, a Cunard Line spokesman. Cunard offered 1,000 passengers who had been scheduled to disembark in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, a 50% refund to make up for the missing stops, Flounders said. Some were unhappy with the offer and told the captain they would refuse to leave the ship, he said. He said only a small number of passengers were protesting, but he did not know how many. "Cunard takes the view that they are on board, they're enjoying all the facilities of the QM2, all the food, the entertainment and so on, so while we very much regret they're missing the ports, we feel the 50% compensates for that," he said. One passenger, Alan Berg, said that many people on the vessel were extremely unhappy and demanding full refunds. "We have been lied to and misled," Berg said. "We should have been allowed the option of getting off at Fort Lauderdale and not taking the cruise at all. It is not in fact a cruise now but a rather a voyage by sea to Rio. Many guests are on once-in-a-lifetime holidays and I have seen several in tears." Flounders said Cunard did not know until after the vessel left port how much speed it would lose and how many ports of call it would have to skip to reach Rio de Janeiro on time on Jan 26.

Rgds,
Andrew

Posts: 627 | From: Hythe, Southampton, UK | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
timb
First Class Passenger
Member # 5901

posted 01-23-2006 04:29 PM      Profile for timb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is an article on CNN

HERE

What a pathetic display. This is certainly to be expected from the mass market but not the upper crust of the liner folks

[ 01-23-2006: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Posts: 437 | From: S FL | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 01-23-2006 04:42 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Compensation is always an emotive subject.

I do see the protesters point of view. Cunard are unable to deliver the itinerary that people have paid for. Now if that has totally ruined your vacation, a 50% refund is unlikely to satisfy you either.

I guarantee that those who protest the loudest will get a better compensation deal. That’s the way the world works.

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
cruiseshipluver
First Class Passenger
Member # 5104

posted 01-23-2006 06:52 PM      Profile for cruiseshipluver   Author's Homepage   Email cruiseshipluver   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow, that is hard though...imagine your on a cruise and the intenairy changes just like that and you dont know...imagine, say you wanted to Get off in barbados* always wanted to see Barbados and then with out notice the ship doesnt Go there. I guess you would feel bad.
cruiseshipluver

Posts: 1797 | From: Barbados--cruiseship capital of the Southern Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 01-24-2006 04:29 AM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mr Berg seems to be the talker...either 62 or 3 depending on which report you read.. and a Google reveals a Mr Alan Berg is a District Judge in Manchester.. I wonder if they are the one and the same?

Cunard could surely not offer disembarkation as an option in FLL. Those who boarded in NYC would fall foul of the PSA and be subjected to a fine. Those who joined if FLL would not. It would not be right to have given the option to only some of the pax.

I do not think Cunard should give a penny more in compensation. It sets a precedent for the future and the more people get given bucksheesh the more they will learn to rant and rave over the silliest of things purely for more refunds.

Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 01-24-2006 06:15 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PamM:
I do not think Cunard should give a penny more in compensation. It sets a precedent for the future and the more people get given bucksheesh the more they will learn to rant and rave over the silliest of things purely for more refunds.

Pam, we always tend to disagree on this subject . In my opinion a major change in the stated itinerary due to mechanical failure (or accident) is not the ‘silliest’ of things.

Some might argued that it was not Cunard’s fault, but it was someone’s fault. Maybe it was pilot error or poor workmanship/maintenance etc. It does not alter the outcome.

Cunard sold a specific itinerary and the mechanical failure of their vessel means they are not delivering the goods as promised in the brochure. I think there should be a 'precedent' set for more generous refunds if a holiday is dramatically altered/ruined.

I would not suggest for a moment that big compensation is given for minor things. Anyway, many minor complaints can be put right during a cruise. I once complained about a very dirty cabin carpet. I hope dthey would clean it, but when I returned from an excursion they had actually replaced it!

(If the pod was faulty, I bet Cunard will be quick to demand big compensation from the manufacturers).

[ 01-24-2006: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Globaliser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4153

posted 01-24-2006 06:55 AM      Profile for Globaliser     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:
Cunard sold a specific itinerary and the mechanical failure of their vessel means they are not delivering the goods as promised in the brochure. I think there should be a 'precedent' set for more generous refunds if a holiday is dramatically altered/ruined.
Well, as usual I am with Pam on this.

The only itinerary that Cunard sold was Fort Lauderdale -> Rio. They are not failing to deliver anything that they have promised to deliver.

The main error that cruise lines make is that they do not make this fact sufficiently clear in their documentation.

Posts: 1869 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 01-24-2006 06:57 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Globaliser:

The only itinerary that Cunard sold was Fort Lauderdale -> Rio. They are not failing to deliver anything that they have promised to deliver.

I though they had dropped three ports of call?

PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 01-24-2006 08:54 AM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Malcolm, I did not mean that the current itinerary changes were the one of the silliest things, but that the more you give people the more they will want, and that eventually people will require more and more ending up with demanding 50%+ for what is a trivial matter. But 50% for the current itinerary changes is a lot too imho. The pax have the same number of days aboard being fed, watered and 'pampered'. It is also saving the pax spending money in each port

Cunard only g'tee to get you to the port of disembarkation from the port of embarkation, not the means or route you will take. One could have been bused to Miami, flown to Recife, taken a ferry to Salvador and onward by train [if there is one] to Rio, and they would still be within the terms of their contract with you. Might be an interesting trip actually They can also subsitute QM2 for any other vessel they may feel like, does not even have to be a Cunard or Carnival Corp one. I doubt things would ever get that far without the option of backing out, but they can do so if they wish.

Pam

bulbousbow
First Class Passenger
Member # 4440

posted 01-24-2006 09:10 AM      Profile for bulbousbow   Author's Homepage   Email bulbousbow   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tempers on cruise boil over
By Jordan Baker
January 25, 2006

TENSIONS aboard the world's most expensive cruise ship are at boiling point, with furious passengers now threatening a class action on top of their refusal to disembark at Rio de Janeiro, an Australian passenger says.

More than a thousand people have attended angry meetings aboard the Queen Mary 2 since stops on its Latin American cruise were cancelled so it could arrive in Rio on time after a propeller pod was damaged in Florida.

David Hayes, a Gold Coast businessman who paid $100,000 to travel from New York to Los Angeles via Cape Horn in one of the royal suites, told the Herald the mood on board was "volatile to the extreme".

Anger at the cancellation of all stops before Rio had been exacerbated by fury at Cunard Line which, passengers alleged, had kept them in the dark. Many were threatening to refuse to disembark at Rio until given enough compensation.

Some passengers were also threatening a class action suit, Mr Hayes said. "There's people all over the place wanting to sue them any way they can," he said.

Many passengers suspected the ship was still trying to make its deadline in Los Angeles on three rather than four propellers and were concerned for their safety. "The ship is literally going flat out," Mr Hayes said. The protest was not a case of rich people throwing tantrums, he said. Some had been saving for the treat of a lifetime or a second honeymoon. Without the port stops, they would be better off at a five-star hotel. "We're now on a very expensive ferry ride."

He described the atmosphere among the 2528 passengers as "poisonous, explosive".

"It's mayhem, it's horrible," Mr Hayes said. "We're trying to get information and they're not giving it to us. There is a mutinous feeling in the air. You can't relax. Everyone around you is strung out like a violin string."

There are 26 Australians travelling from New York to Los Angeles and six disembarking at Rio. Cunard said the accident affected the ship's speed so stops were cancelled to ensure it arrived in Rio on time.

It has offered passengers 50-per-cent refunds.

Sydney Morning Herald

Cheers

Posts: 6866 | From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 01-24-2006 09:12 AM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Globaliser:
[...]
The main error that cruise lines make is that they do not make this fact sufficiently clear in their documentation.

This is actually a really seriouse problem - actually most reasons why we book a certain cruise (itinerary - ship - facilities aboard etc.) are not part of the contract.

Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
moodus2
First Class Passenger
Member # 2414

posted 01-24-2006 09:29 AM      Profile for moodus2   Email moodus2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the passengers are being penalized because of commodore
warwick poor judgement in navagating the queen mary 2 out of the port of ft. lauderdale. even though there
is a pilot onboard the commodore is fully respossible
for the navigation of the ship. his judgement caused the
damage to the pod and slower
speeds and missing ports.
is there anything in the passengers contract about missing ports due to commodores neglegence(poor judgement) ?

Posts: 473 | From: moodus,ct. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
timb
First Class Passenger
Member # 5901

posted 01-24-2006 09:49 AM      Profile for timb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Am I alone in feeling that this is just one of thse things you need to deal with because it's out of the passengers control? Stuff happens all the time and plans have to be altered whether its arriving late or missing a flight due to weather or delaying a cruise due to mechanical issues. Spur of the moment changes in itinerary and the ability to adapt and still enjoy yourself is all part of the adventure of travel. If you need things to be rigidly scripted with no possible changes to enjoy yourself I would suggest you are not really a traveler or perhaps you would be happier ina recreation of traveling like Disney's Epcot center. Maybe I'm odd but I try to find a way to enjoy the full experience of travel simply because it is different from my everyday life. I kind of equate this to someone who declares their wedding ruined because a tier of ther cake gets dropped.......it's just a cake and not the reason for the celebration.
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 01-24-2006 09:57 AM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moodus2:
the passengers are being penalized because of commodore
warwick poor judgement in navagating the queen mary 2 out of the port of ft. lauderdale.

How does one come to that conclusion? I have not seen any facts anywhere that indicate any such thing?

Yes, the master does hold full reposnsibility for his vessel, but the pilot would have been giving the instructions and only if the master or bridge officers thought the pilot's instructions were erroneous would they have over ridden them. A pilot is far more qualified than any of the officers aboard in his home waters and will know all the channels, currents, winds etc on the back of his hand.

I still have not seen anything stating exactly what was hit, or what the damage to the pod is. As only one pod seems to have sustained damage and nothing else, it seems odd to me. Could there possibly have been a submerged obstruction, container, rock moved, anything.. so many possibilities that would lead to no blame being able to be apportioned to anyone in particular.

I do not think at this stage any fingers can be pointed.

Pam

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 01-24-2006 09:58 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is another now long running passenger/Cunard dispute: HERE

Personally I have always found Cunard to be a rather arrogant company to deal with in terms of Customer Service.

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 01-24-2006 10:13 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by timb:
[QB] Spur of the moment changes in itinerary and the ability to adapt and still enjoy yourself is all part of the adventure of travel.[/b]

Agreed, but I could enjoy myself and still require to be compensated.

If you need things to be rigidly scripted with no possible changes to enjoy yourself I would suggest you are not really a traveler...

Cruising is probably the vacation that is more 'formulaic' and 'closets' its passengers more than any other type of vacation I can think of. These floating luxury resorts with a touch of 'soft adventure' throw in, are hardly the pursuit of 'real travellers'.

I would suggest you are not really a traveler or perhaps you would be happier in a recreation of traveling like Disney's Epcot center.

Many ships are in fact floating versions of Epcot.

It would appear that 1000 Cunard passengers are far from pleased even some of us here feel they are unjustified in their disappointment and demands.

moodus2
First Class Passenger
Member # 2414

posted 01-24-2006 10:21 AM      Profile for moodus2   Email moodus2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the front port pod struck the
side of the channel as reported by cunard and u.s. coast guard.

Posts: 473 | From: moodus,ct. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Italianliners
First Class Passenger
Member # 5446

posted 01-24-2006 10:23 AM      Profile for Italianliners   Email Italianliners   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To Pam:

quote:
Cunard only g'tee to get you to the port of disembarkation from the port of embarkation, not the means or route you will take. One could have been bused to Miami, flown to Recife, taken a ferry to Salvador and onward by train [if there is one] to Rio, and they would still be within the terms of their contract with you. Might be an interesting trip actually They can also subsitute QM2 for any other vessel they may feel like, does not even have to be a Cunard or Carnival Corp one. I doubt things would ever get that far without the option of backing out, but they can do so if they wish.

Sorry Pam, but here in Brazil we don't have passenger ferries even last passenger trains. We had some in the 1800's and in the begginig of the 1900's but with some presidents who supported GM and others companies, we only have roads today. But i cannot forget that we have a very usefull cargo trains net, but no passengers at all.

Italianliners

Posts: 272 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 01-24-2006 11:42 AM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No ferries plying the coastal cities of Brazil?.. that is a real shame Italianliners I will have to rethink then, and shove all the obnoxious Brits, who I understand are the main complainers, into a few containers, and ship them by sea or train

Pam

timb
First Class Passenger
Member # 5901

posted 01-24-2006 11:48 AM      Profile for timb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:

Cruising is probably the vacation that is more 'formulaic' and 'closets' its passengers more than any other type of vacation I can think of. These floating luxury resorts with a touch of 'soft adventure' throw in, are hardly the pursuit of 'real travellers'.

.[/QB]

I actually do agree with this statement Malcolm. I wanted to beleive that the more experienced cruisers who would pay for an upscale experience were more of a traveler than an entry level cruiser but that isn't necesarily so.

Thad
First Class Passenger
Member # 1224

posted 01-24-2006 11:51 AM      Profile for Thad   Email Thad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
www.jackatsea.com is definitely worth checking out for an on board description of what is going on..

Thad

Posts: 1967 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 01-24-2006 01:47 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It seems that the passengers paid for a 'cruise' but it turned into a 'line voyage'.

Multiple sea days are some people worst nightmare.

Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 01-24-2006 01:52 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...and not only some BUT ALL ports have been cancelled.
Is this only my impression or is Cunard really bad in handling such situations? I remeber that this is going back to the eighties - and it is nearly always the same - they could have avoided most problems they have now easily by telling the passengers that they get off the ship in Ft. Lauderdale.

Thad
First Class Passenger
Member # 1224

posted 01-24-2006 02:33 PM      Profile for Thad   Email Thad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well according to US Law they were not allowed to get off at Fort Lauderdale, as then they would have travelled directly between two US Ports without stopping at a foreign port. This is not allowed on a foreign registered vessel.

Thad

Posts: 1967 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 01-24-2006 02:59 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So if a ship breaks down and can not continue it might be that I can not disembark in a U.S. port? Does it not make a difference that the passengers did not book such a journey? (from U.S: to U.S. port)

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.