- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Carnival Cruise line released the following statement regarding Hurricane Beryl:

Carnival's Fleet Operations Center in Miami is actively monitoring forecasts for possible impacts to itineraries from Hurricane Beryl. Given Hurricane Beryl’s projected path, Carnival has adjusted the following itineraries: Carnival Horizon will add a visit to Nassau, The Bahamas on Friday, July 5....

Latest News...Oceania Cruises has marked an important milestone in the construction of its new 1,200-guest ship, Allura, at the Fincantieri shipyard in Sestri Ponente, Italy, bordering the famed seaport of Genoa. A landmark moment as the ship moves towards completion, the vessel was floated from the dry-dock and moved to the fitting-out berth to begin outfitting the luxurious, designer-inspired interiors....

Latest News...Crystal, the leader in exceptional cruise experiences, announced today the signing of a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with renowned Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri. This agreement marks the commencement of the construction of two groundbreaking ships that will redefine high-end travel on the seas.The 690-passenger (based on double occupancy), 61,800-gross-ton ships ...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Norw. Pearl to Rotterdam (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Norw. Pearl to Rotterdam
Robertdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 6300

posted 09-08-2006 05:38 PM      Profile for Robertdam   Author's Homepage   Email Robertdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On the 30th of november 2006, Norwegian Pearl will come to Rotterdam to show herself to the public. For our Dutch cruisetalkers: you can go to www.cruisetravel.nl/beursaanmelding to get a three hour tour of the ship. Be quick because there can only be 1600 people!!
Posts: 135 | From: Haarlem, Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 09-09-2006 01:19 PM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robertdam:
On the 30th of november 2006, Norwegian Pearl will come to Rotterdam to show herself to the public. For our Dutch cruisetalkers: you can go to www.cruisetravel.nl/beursaanmelding to get a three hour tour of the ship. Be quick because there can only be 1600 people!!

Sadly Full.

I now that the ship was comming to Rotterdam NCL offer a one nighter to Southampton starting frome 99 euro's up. Only with the train fare back to london and flight to Amsterdam it would be around 300 euro's p.p. To expensiff. Pam was interrested but also the trainfare to Harwich (boat to Holland) was quite high.

Shame on Brittish rail comp. that there faresare more expensiff thene the 1 nighter and flight all together.......

Posts: 4695 | From: Rotterdam home of the tss. Rotterdam. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Johan C
First Class Passenger
Member # 1201

posted 09-09-2006 01:31 PM      Profile for Johan C   Email Johan C   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Today cruisetravel.nl sent me an offer: this includes parking of the car at stenaline HvH and shuttlebus to the cruiseterminal (15euro per car), the cruise to southampton, bus to London; free time in London about 4 hours; bus to Harwich and Stena line catamaran back to HvH (last chance to to use this service as it will stop in a few months) and dinner on board the Stena Discovery.
total price of this journey: 199 euros wich isn't too bad

[ 09-09-2006: Message edited by: Johan C ]

Posts: 256 | From: Ghent, historic city in Belgium | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Willem
First Class Passenger
Member # 3005

posted 09-09-2006 02:50 PM      Profile for Willem        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Maasdam:

Pam was interrested but also the trainfare to Harwich (boat to Holland) was quite high.

Shame on Brittish rail comp. that there faresare more expensiff thene the 1 nighter and flight all together.......

London Express charges Euro 35,-- (one way) from any station in The Netherlands via HvH-Harwich to London Liverpool St.

I guess you can order a one way ticket London - Harwich - Hvh - any station also somewhere in the U.K. ? ? That should not be more expensive than the Dutch price ?

Willem

Posts: 1469 | From: In the namesake city of Cape Hoorn. | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 09-09-2006 03:28 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Willem, the times do not tie in either, it requires an overnight in Holland beforehand. The costing for me would have been £23 to London + £25 to Holland + £45 back home... £93 extra to get to and from the cruise = €138 x 2 = €276 + cost of hotel room [maybe €60/70?] + the cabin - UK prices are £59 for inside £99 for outside.

The grand total was anyway was €640 for 2 nights away for the 2 of us, only one night aboard ship, then the incidentals on top.... really is too much.

Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Willem
First Class Passenger
Member # 3005

posted 09-09-2006 03:45 PM      Profile for Willem        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Pam,

I did not read the CruiseTravel invitation well
I overlooked the departure time at 04.00 pm and with the morning Stena you cannot be in time in Rotterdam.
In that case it will be a quite expensive 1-nighter.

Question to you: when a cruise ends in Dover, what is the best way (and the cheapest) for me to go back to Holland ? ?
I can also consider to disembark in Zeebrugge, take the shuttlebus to Blankenberge and take the train via Brugge and Antwerp to Amsterdam.

Willem

Posts: 1469 | From: In the namesake city of Cape Hoorn. | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 09-09-2006 04:21 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Willem:
Question to you: when a cruise ends in Dover, what is the best way (and the cheapest) for me to go back to Holland ? ?

£26.. National Express to Victoria, then the Dutch Flyer from Liverpool Street. Taxi to Dover Bus Station and Tube between Victoria & L'pl Street added on. National Express do a lot of £1 trips online depending on dates, [I just put in 28 Sept], normal fare £11.00 and train would be £25 to Waterloo].

Pam

mec1
First Class Passenger
Member # 4287

posted 09-09-2006 04:33 PM      Profile for mec1   Author's Homepage   Email mec1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why not ferry to Zeebrugge and train?
Posts: 1675 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 09-09-2006 04:41 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There isn't one. Dover to Dunkerque is the nearest, but one cannot travel as a foot passenger on Norfolkline. Of course one can go to Calais, but I don't know what the connections back to Holland would be from there.

Pam

Carlos Fernandez
First Class Passenger
Member # 6432

posted 09-09-2006 07:11 PM      Profile for Carlos Fernandez   Author's Homepage   Email Carlos Fernandez   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know if I can tour the ship here in Miami? Thanks.
Posts: 1325 | From: Miami, Florida (Cruise Capital of the World) | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
newship2001
First Class Passenger
Member # 4006

posted 09-10-2006 02:34 AM      Profile for newship2001        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why not fly back to Holland. I booked with FLYBE on their new direct service from Southampton to Amsterdam. We paid less then EURO 45,-- p.p. incl. all charges and taxes.

Or take the EUROLINES coach direct from London Victoria to Holland. This runs twice a day. (via Dover - Calais, no change of coach most times.)
They offer all kinds of promofares.

So there are plenty ways to go back Holland at reasonable fares.

Posts: 13 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
RobHolland
First Class Passenger
Member # 3779

posted 09-10-2006 05:35 AM      Profile for RobHolland   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ridiculous to pay for a ship visit and such a promotional event at the terminal. I once have been to a CruiseTravel event but it's just nothing more than some tables with the lines' magazines.
Posts: 762 | From: ms Rotterdam | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 09-10-2006 05:41 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carlos Fernandez:
Does anybody know if I can tour the ship here in Miami? Thanks.

I'm sure hundreds of Travel agents will be visiting her.

Write to NCL and ask, it's worth a try. It's worked for me a few times, pre my involvement in CruiseTalk.

[ 09-10-2006: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Willem
First Class Passenger
Member # 3005

posted 09-10-2006 03:24 PM      Profile for Willem        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mec1:
Why not ferry to Zeebrugge and train?

We can disembark in Zeebrugge if the company allows that. Just one port earlier.
From Zeebrugge taxi to Blankenbergen, Take the train to Brugge, Antwerp, Schiphol and end of that train is my homecity.

Willem

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 09-10-2006 03:33 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PamM:
.The grand total was anyway was €640 for 2 nights away for the 2 of us, only one night aboard ship, then the incidentals on top.... really is too much.

Flying to the Caribbean and taking a weeks cruise on her would be cheaper, pro rata.

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 09-10-2006 03:37 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RobHolland:
Ridiculous to pay for a ship visit and such a promotional event at the terminal.

Why Rob? There's a fair amount of work involved and I am sure the lines must have to pay for the port authorities security and so on for the visitors? I don't mind paying €5 or whatever they are asking.. I do however dislike paying £25 to the likes of P&O for their visits, but this does include a sit down meal [without wine] & gift.. I'd rather spend the time exploring and just have a soft drink served somewhere.

Pam

Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 09-10-2006 04:17 PM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Simply it's just to expensiff, the price ZeeTours Rotterdam offers to me was included all taxes.

quote:
Flying to the Caribbean and taking a weeks cruise on her would be cheaper, pro rata.

Malcome you are right, even a med. 8 day cruise a/b MSC Melody wich time to time offers fares start at 600 euro's and up included fares to and frome the Cruise Terminal al over Europe.

It's not worth it, i stay ashore and take pictures of here.

Greetings Ben.

Posts: 4695 | From: Rotterdam home of the tss. Rotterdam. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Karsten
First Class Passenger
Member # 1509

posted 11-06-2006 02:30 PM      Profile for Karsten   Author's Homepage   Email Karsten   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are there any information about the ship's arrival and departure time? I think dept. time is 16.00 ... so too late for photos en route to North Sea. Perhaps there is a chance when she will arrive? Or too early?
Posts: 875 | From: NRW/Germany | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Matts
First Class Passenger
Member # 4120

posted 11-06-2006 04:49 PM      Profile for Matts     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Departure is scheduled for 16:00 according to our tickets.

Matt - looking forward to another NCL newbie.

Posts: 829 | From: London, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Willem
First Class Passenger
Member # 3005

posted 11-07-2006 03:45 AM      Profile for Willem        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matts:
Departure is scheduled for 16:00 according to our tickets.

Matt - looking forward to another NCL newbie.

Hi Matt,

As my application for the shipvisit got lost in cyberspace, I will not be in Rotterdam and will not be able (again) to meet you.
Talked with Colin when he was here, and we might be in London for the Ship Show as private visitors next year.
I have booked Marco Polo. # 218 on Pacific.

Willem

Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 11-07-2006 04:56 AM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karsten:
Are there any information about the ship's arrival and departure time? I think dept. time is 16.00 ... so too late for photos en route to North Sea. Perhaps there is a chance when she will arrive? Or too early?

According this page here arrival at Rotterdam is 8 o clock am.

Greetings Ben.

[ 11-07-2006: Message edited by: Maasdam ]

Globaliser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4153

posted 11-08-2006 10:52 AM      Profile for Globaliser     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I do however dislike paying £25 to the likes of P&O for their visits, but this does include a sit down meal [without wine] & gift.
What sort of gift do they give?

I went to visit Star Princess in September, which was £25 including a meal and wine, but no gift. As I was driving, the offer of wine didn't do me much good.

Posts: 1869 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 11-08-2006 04:52 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cunard charged the Ocean Liner Society £35 per head to visit the QM2, with meal, a few months ago. It took me four years of begging to organize it!

However we did get plentiful wine and a gift. The gift was a boxed set of those three little Cunard books, which must be worth £30 or so?

As I put together a party of 50 people, I though I might even get a free meal myself, but oh no, not from Cunard.

[ 11-08-2006: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 11-08-2006 06:51 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From P&O we received a Nick Munro "Pearl of Arcadia". Description - "This beautiful handmade glass sculpture celebrates the artistic and enginerring achievements of Arcadia through the swirl of her immense propellers" - Hmmm
Basically a small paperweight as below.

Fine as a gift though, nice keepsake. Funny how P&O can't serve wine due to bonding, yet every other line can.

Malcolm, these books?. I have not seen a boxed set, but they are £5 each now, and not so long ago if you bought all 3, the Book of Comparisons was thrown in free. I see that offer has gone and it's now £3. I expect Cunard got them a fair bit cheaper than that too.

Pam

Globaliser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4153

posted 11-09-2006 07:57 PM      Profile for Globaliser     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Funny how P&O can't serve wine due to bonding, yet every other line can.
Thanks for the info, Pam.

As I always say, it's not what they can't do, it's what they won't do. Imagine p*ssing off some keen ship visitors for the sake of saving about £2.75 of duty and VAT for every bottle of wine they would otherwise open.

Posts: 1869 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.