- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Princess Cruises, the world-famous cruise line delivering dream vacations to millions each year, celebrated a major construction milestone today of its second Sphere-Class vessel, Star Princess, with the traditional maritime float out ceremony at the Fincantieri Shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy. The new ship will now transfer to the outfitting quay where construction...

Latest News...Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) announced financial results for the third quarter 2024 and provided an updated outlook for the full year and an outlook for fourth quarter 2024.The cumulative advanced booked position for full year 2025 is above the previous 2024 record with prices (in constant currency) ahead of prior year.....

Latest News...Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) today unveils its new brand positioning, "MORE," reinforcing and extending its legacy of delivering more onboard offerings, more places to discover and more value with the launch of its all-new upgraded 'More At Sea' package.NCL has a history of delivering endless options with over 600 unique itineraries through 2026 ...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Oasis Deck Plans (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Oasis Deck Plans
GregD
First Class Passenger
Member # 4176

posted 08-18-2008 09:55 AM      Profile for GregD   Author's Homepage   Email GregD   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So it looks like that leak is legit so i compiled all the decks into one file. Let me know of any problems. Click to download file and enjoy.
-Greg
Hi res(Working on it)

Well here is a little bit higher one

Lo Res

[ 08-18-2008: Message edited by: GregD ]

[ 08-18-2008: Message edited by: GregD ]

Posts: 548 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
SalamisFiloxenia (Tom...)
First Class Passenger
Member # 6702

posted 08-18-2008 10:37 AM      Profile for SalamisFiloxenia (Tom...)   Email SalamisFiloxenia (Tom...)   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Edit: it appears to be working fine now...

[ 08-18-2008: Message edited by: VanGogh (Tom...) ]

Posts: 338 | From: weston super mare | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Fairsky
First Class Passenger
Member # 781

posted 08-18-2008 10:59 AM      Profile for Fairsky   Email Fairsky   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A few observations:

1. While the width of Central Park and Boardwalk appears large, the actual skylight (opening to the sky on the pool deck) above CP and BW seems much more narrow. I have a feeling the spaces won't feel as 'open air' as the illustrations and spin have let on. We'll see.

2. I'm very disappointed withe the Viking Crown Lounge. It seems very small with only a forward view over Central Park. The rest of the space is occupied by the Loft Suites. The VCL has ceased to be a great observation lounge as it was originally intended. That's too bad.

3. Overall, there seems to be very few public rooms with ocean views. Everything faces inward to the CP or Boardwalk. The jogging track is where the promenade should be, and that is completely blocked by lifeboats. It seems for an ocean view you have to pay for a balcony now. (I fear the same thing is true on Solstice.)

[ 08-18-2008: Message edited by: Fairsky ]

Posts: 1685 | From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
sunviking82
First Class Passenger
Member # 4930

posted 08-18-2008 11:28 AM      Profile for sunviking82     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. . not what I expected at all. A lot of cabins and public space seems to be on the small side. Those bottom decks are going to be crowded at night.
Posts: 383 | From: Minneapolis Minnesota , USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 08-18-2008 11:44 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was shocked at the staggering number of cabins. I guess knowing that this thing carries 6000 people, and then seeing the stacks of deck of cabins was another thing. I had a flashback to the Sovereign of the Seas when I saw the inside-inside cabins in the forward part of decks 7-11.

I had made mention in a previous thread that Central Park was going to be more like a slot canyon. I wonder how many minutes a day sunshine will actually be hitting the park itself? I still think Central Park is going to have a traffic control problem with what look like narrow walkways and paths. Also the artist renditions made it appear that the CP balconies recessed in the higher they went up. It doesnt appear that way in the dseck plans.

I have seen in artist renditions that the VCL appeared to be the height of two decks, maybe its just a giant glass wall in a single deck room? That would remind of of the forward lounge of Costa Victoria.

The Pinnacle Chapel is a tremendous waste of space in the location it occupies. For all intent and purposes in could be located a lot lower in the ship and use that space as part of the VCL.

On the forward part of decks 15 and 16, what are those 4 large globule ball looking things? Jaccuzi's?

Posts: 5650 | From: Clarksburg WV | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 08-18-2008 12:37 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dmwnc1:

The Pinnacle Chapel is a tremendous waste of space in the location it occupies. For all intent and purposes in could be located a lot lower in the ship and use that space as part of the VCL.

On the forward part of decks 15 and 16, what are those 4 large globule ball looking things? Jaccuzi's?

I'm not sure I would call the Chapel a tremendous waste of space. Onboard weddings are BIG business these days, and no doubt OASIS will take full advantage of that. The space has to be attractive and well presented for the perspective bride and groom to want to spend their special day there. Princess Cruises (and P&O) even went to the expense of reflagging their entire fleet to Bermuda for the main purpose of performing legal weddings onboard.

Forward on Deck 14, 15, and 16 will be some type of glass enclosed solarium, gym, and spa I assume. It looks pretty cool.

There are still plenty of places not labeled on the deck plan. I believe all the way aft on Deck 14 will be an observation lounge overlooking the Aqua Theater. Of course most of Deck 4 is not labeled yet, and there is also some type of two level space way forward on Deck 5 and 6. This may be for passengers or it could be a crew recreation area. On the Freedom/Voyager Class ships this same area is for crew, but it's only on one level.

Personally, based on the amount of public space I'm seeing, and the fact it's really spread out on many different decks, I think OASIS will end up being fairly spacious. Her space ratio certainly suggests so. To me the biggest drawback is that there are only two elevator/stair towers, just as on the Freedom/Voyager and Solstice Class ships. I don't know why, but RCCL seems to insist on only two. It's not nearly enough for a ship this size and it's the one place I bet the ship will feel crowded.

Ernie

Posts: 7046 | From: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atlcruiser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4586

posted 08-18-2008 12:41 PM      Profile for Atlcruiser   Email Atlcruiser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't see an issue with the traffic flow or crowds on Central Park. Many people think that the current Royal Promenades would present issues but I have yet to experience problems and the only crowded times is when they have the late night parade. There will be so many areas on this ship to handle the crowds other than Central Park.

I cannot wait until Thursday morning to get booked for the 12/12 sailing.

[ 08-18-2008: Message edited by: Atlcruiser ]

Posts: 916 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
GregD
First Class Passenger
Member # 4176

posted 08-18-2008 02:42 PM      Profile for GregD   Author's Homepage   Email GregD   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I came across a PDF of the DP's for those intrested
PDF

Posts: 548 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Matts
First Class Passenger
Member # 4120

posted 08-18-2008 04:15 PM      Profile for Matts     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very intereting and thanks for posting. Agree with the comment about the Viking Crown lounge - looks small and potentially disappointing. But otherwise looks rather nice.

I note the 3 level giant dining room which many were saying she wouldn't have (on other boards I think).

Looking at the deck plans she is the obvious evolution of the Freedom design, with much of the layout that might feel familiar to past passengers.

Posts: 829 | From: London, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 08-18-2008 05:39 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One thing we can see now are the pools. There appear to be four on Deck 15. You can see the pool wells just below them on Deck 14. I wonder if they will have port holes in them where you can walk around them on Deck 14 and look in? I thought this was so cool on The NORWAY.

It's also interesting to note how close they are to the edge of the well that looks down onto Central Park. No doubt the Engineers tried to keep them as midship as possible, which is not easy to do when most of the ship has a big hole running down the center.

Anyway, if the ship ever has a large roll (remember CROWN PRINCESS), where will all that pool water go? I would assume down that center well and six decks below to the base of Central Park.

I imagine these pools will have to be monitored closely and emptied quickly in rough weather.

Ernie

jkwan12345
First Class Passenger
Member # 6304

posted 08-18-2008 11:22 PM      Profile for jkwan12345   Email jkwan12345   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dmwnc1:
I was shocked at the staggering number of cabins. I guess knowing that this thing carries 6000 people, and then seeing the stacks of deck of cabins was another thing. I had a flashback to the Sovereign of the Seas when I saw the inside-inside cabins in the forward part of decks 7-11.

I had made mention in a previous thread that Central Park was going to be more like a slot canyon. I wonder how many minutes a day sunshine will actually be hitting the park itself? I still think Central Park is going to have a traffic control problem with what look like narrow walkways and paths. Also the artist renditions made it appear that the CP balconies recessed in the higher they went up. It doesnt appear that way in the dseck plans.

I have seen in artist renditions that the VCL appeared to be the height of two decks, maybe its just a giant glass wall in a single deck room? That would remind of of the forward lounge of Costa Victoria.

I don't believe that it was ever created to look recessed. they look pretty level with all of the other balconies. it's the supporting beam that seems to create a curve.

Posts: 23 | From: Piedmont, CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
M Philly
First Class Passenger
Member # 13781

posted 08-18-2008 11:39 PM      Profile for M Philly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Im curious about the 6 D shapes next to all the elevators. they appear on every deck level
Posts: 68 | From: Dublin, OH | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
DEIx15x8
First Class Passenger
Member # 14958

posted 08-18-2008 11:48 PM      Profile for DEIx15x8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Engineer Student Cruiser:
Im curious about the 6 D shapes next to all the elevators. they appear on every deck level

I think those are the glass elevators. They look like the same things that are on the freedom/voyager class. In the model shown at the one convention they showed elevators there as well.

Posts: 521 | From: Kutztown, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 08-18-2008 11:51 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Engineer Student Cruiser:

They are definitely elevators. Three glass and three normal in each lobby. There are a total of four lobbies, and 24 passenger elevators on the ship.

Ernie

mike sa
First Class Passenger
Member # 5957

posted 08-19-2008 10:27 AM      Profile for mike sa   Author's Homepage   Email mike sa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kool, she is as fat and some ships are long though, struck me when I first saw the plans just now. Fat is the word.
Posts: 2272 | From: Durban, South Africa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lasuvidaboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4527

posted 08-19-2008 12:27 PM      Profile for lasuvidaboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How much longer and wider (in feet) is she than Independence of the Seas?
Posts: 7654 | From: Hollywood Hills/L.A. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Linerrich
First Class Passenger
Member # 4864

posted 08-19-2008 12:37 PM      Profile for Linerrich   Email Linerrich   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lasuvidaboy:
How much longer and wider (in feet) is she than Independence of the Seas?

INDEPENDENCE: 1112 ft. x 126 ft.
OASIS: 1181 ft. x 154 ft.

Those few extra feet in length and width, multiplied by so many decks, add a lot more bulk and gross tonnage to the newer class of ships!

Rich

Posts: 4210 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
lasuvidaboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4527

posted 08-19-2008 12:46 PM      Profile for lasuvidaboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Rich!

Another question. Anyone know what the space is forward of the main showroom's lowest level-in the bow section. I see a circular staircase on the starboard side plus an unusual layout in the middle.

Posts: 7654 | From: Hollywood Hills/L.A. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 08-19-2008 05:23 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lasuvidaboy:
Thanks Rich!

Another question. Anyone know what the space is forward of the main showroom's lowest level-in the bow section. I see a circular staircase on the starboard side plus an unusual layout in the middle.

This could very well be a crew recreation area. On the Voyager/Freedom Class ships, that same area is reserved as a crew recreation area, but of course it's only one level. I could see it being two levels on OASIS (larger crew).

It could also turn out to be for passengers, but no way of knowing at this point.

Ernie

dolfan
First Class Passenger
Member # 5819

posted 08-19-2008 06:50 PM      Profile for dolfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
More than likely it will be guest space, as the deck plans do not usually show crew space.

For example...look at deck 12 forward. It is cut-off because beyond that point are the officer cabins and bridge.

Posts: 33 | From: Shelton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 08-20-2008 07:45 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow she's wide...when you like at deck 7 (for example) at the bow, there are 13 cabins across from 7118 to 7518 (L to R) - now that's wide!
I'm amazed RCI still went for the one big dinning room: still it is their trademark. Do we know what the ‘Private Dining Rooms’ are?
Yes, the Viking Crown Lounge looks disappointing in terms of view (non-panoramic) but I bet the space is still big.

Although nice features, I don't think Central Park and the Boardwalk will live up to all the hype (and the renditions). Although the Royal Promenade, with some natural light, is a great idea.

RCI stage some excellent production/Ice shows, so I have high hopes for the Aqua-Theatre.

I still don’t really understand where the pools are and how big they are? Are there going to be FlowRider's somewhere?

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Cunard Fan
First Class Passenger
Member # 7530

posted 08-20-2008 12:59 PM      Profile for Cunard Fan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:
Are there going to be FlowRider's somewhere?

I believe Flow Rider is in the Boardwalk by the aqua theater.

Posts: 2327 | From: Pasadena just north of Queen Mary | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brian131489
First Class Passenger
Member # 11769

posted 08-20-2008 01:19 PM      Profile for Brian131489     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:
Wow she's wide...when you like at deck 7 (for example) at the bow, there are 13 cabins across from 7118 to 7518 (L to R) - now that's wide!
I'm amazed RCI still went for the one big dinning room: still it is their trademark. Do we know what the ‘Private Dining Rooms’ are?
Yes, the Viking Crown Lounge looks disappointing in terms of view (non-panoramic) but I bet the space is still big.

Although nice features, I don't think Central Park and the Boardwalk will live up to all the hype (and the renditions). Although the Royal Promenade, with some natural light, is a great idea.

RCI stage some excellent production/Ice shows, so I have high hopes for the Aqua-Theatre.

I still don’t really understand where the pools are and how big they are? Are there going to be FlowRider's somewhere?

I think that if you look at deck 15 aft you will see that there are a couple of squares that have nothing listed, it would tend to lead me in the direction of the duel flow riders that akerbuilder made mentions a month or so ago.

[ 08-20-2008: Message edited by: Brian131489 ]

Posts: 32 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
McReece
Just Boarded
Member # 11962

posted 09-06-2008 09:42 PM      Profile for McReece     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Curious, refering to the RCL website the Max Beam of the three largest classes are

Radiance 105 ft
Voyager 157 ft
Freedom 184 ft
Oasis 154 ft

Is it possible Oasis is narrower than Freedom and Voyager? Looking at the deck plans side by side and counting rooms and such, it looks to me that Oasis is more like 195 ft.

Anyone have better info?

Posts: 9 | From: Geeville, FL | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Waynaro
First Class Passenger
Member # 3484

posted 09-06-2008 10:55 PM      Profile for Waynaro   Email Waynaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McReece:
Curious, refering to the RCL website the Max Beam of the three largest classes are

Radiance 105 ft
Voyager 157 ft
Freedom 184 ft
Oasis 154 ft

Is it possible Oasis is narrower than Freedom and Voyager? Looking at the deck plans side by side and counting rooms and such, it looks to me that Oasis is more like 195 ft.

Anyone have better info?

There is absolutely NO WAYFreedom-class ships has a tremendous width difference with the Voyager class. I think it is more like this:

Voyager: 154,
Freedom: 157,
Oasis: 187

Posts: 6108 | From: Vallejo,CA : California Maritime Academy!!! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.