- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Princess Cruises, the world-famous cruise line delivering dream vacations to millions each year, celebrated a major construction milestone today of its second Sphere-Class vessel, Star Princess, with the traditional maritime float out ceremony at the Fincantieri Shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy. The new ship will now transfer to the outfitting quay where construction...

Latest News...Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) announced financial results for the third quarter 2024 and provided an updated outlook for the full year and an outlook for fourth quarter 2024.The cumulative advanced booked position for full year 2025 is above the previous 2024 record with prices (in constant currency) ahead of prior year.....

Latest News...Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) today unveils its new brand positioning, "MORE," reinforcing and extending its legacy of delivering more onboard offerings, more places to discover and more value with the launch of its all-new upgraded 'More At Sea' package.NCL has a history of delivering endless options with over 600 unique itineraries through 2026 ...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Loft suites of Oasis

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Loft suites of Oasis
AKer builder
First Class Passenger
Member # 6412

posted 10-14-2008 02:53 PM      Profile for AKer builder   Email AKer builder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some fresh pics of loft suites taken today. I'm shure loft is gonna be one of the moust popular cabin standards (only need more money)But really it so extraordinary design....here pics:

Posts: 256 | From: Turku | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Fairsky
First Class Passenger
Member # 781

posted 10-14-2008 03:06 PM      Profile for Fairsky   Email Fairsky   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Another bloody birdcage funnel. I understand the reason (reduced wind resistence), but I do hate birdcage funnels. What a shame.
Posts: 1685 | From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 10-14-2008 04:16 PM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe they're for the parrots.
Posts: 2023 | From: Hythe, Hants | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DEIx15x8
First Class Passenger
Member # 14958

posted 10-14-2008 05:08 PM      Profile for DEIx15x8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The funnel on it's own is rather ugly. But that big white curved beam seems to break up the cage design and give it a more solid appearance than other cage ones. I don't like cage funnels but I have to admit, this one looks nice.
Posts: 521 | From: Kutztown, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
Fairsky
First Class Passenger
Member # 781

posted 10-14-2008 05:29 PM      Profile for Fairsky   Email Fairsky   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The funnel design looks a lot like the one on Color Fantasy:

The difference, of course, is that Oasis has a double funnel. But there is a link in style with the curved arc and the horizontal beams.

Carlos Fernandez
First Class Passenger
Member # 6432

posted 10-14-2008 07:19 PM      Profile for Carlos Fernandez   Author's Homepage   Email Carlos Fernandez   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the pictures and the previous ones as well Aker Builder. The lofts look very spacious, I don't like that they take away public space from the "Viking Crown" but nevertheless they will definitely be some of the best cabins at sea. What's the brown stuff on the ceiling and some of the walls, some type of insulation?

The funnel(s) look very good, again, the attention to detail and design is great, sorry Fairsky but bird cage funnels are my favorites, for aesthetic and functional reasons. These will look even better when those big blue crown and anchors are attached.

Posts: 1325 | From: Miami, Florida (Cruise Capital of the World) | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Fairsky
First Class Passenger
Member # 781

posted 10-14-2008 09:01 PM      Profile for Fairsky   Email Fairsky   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My primary concern with the birdcage funnel is the way it distorts the clarity of the cruise line's logo from any distance. Case in point, Princess:

Compare that with Adventure of the Seas whose funnel logo is very clear:

cruiseshipluver
First Class Passenger
Member # 5104

posted 10-14-2008 10:53 PM      Profile for cruiseshipluver   Author's Homepage   Email cruiseshipluver   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carlos Fernandez:

The funnel(s) look very good, again, the attention to detail and design is great, sorry Fairsky but bird cage funnels are my favorites, for aesthetic and functional reasons. These will look even better when those big blue crown and anchors are attached.

Ditto, the funnels are beautiful. I like busy designs for funnels. So i like the Fantasia and Oasis funnels.
Thanks for the pics Aker Builder.

cruiseshipluver

Posts: 1797 | From: Barbados--cruiseship capital of the Southern Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
AKer builder
First Class Passenger
Member # 6412

posted 10-15-2008 06:16 AM      Profile for AKer builder   Email AKer builder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carlos Fernandez:
...I don't like that they take away public space from the "Viking Crown" but nevertheless they will definitely be some of the best cabins at sea. What's the brown stuff on the ceiling and some of the walls, some type of insulation?

Yes this is a glass wool for sound and fire insulation. I did mention in some thread that actually the "public space" in viking crown area basically the same as in freedom, or even slightly bigger. Only thing different is the view, its partially bounded to sides of the ship!

Posts: 256 | From: Turku | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
mike sa
First Class Passenger
Member # 5957

posted 10-16-2008 09:40 AM      Profile for mike sa   Author's Homepage   Email mike sa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really fancy these, but the balcony looks a lot smaller than in the artisits impressions, no where near lonh enough for the loungers etc depicted.
Posts: 2272 | From: Durban, South Africa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Frosty 4
First Class Passenger
Member # 5826

posted 10-16-2008 10:05 AM      Profile for Frosty 4   Email Frosty 4   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sure this ship is big and so are these suites. But who really needs this -except for snob appeal. You basically still get the same stuff (food, entertainment, etc.)as an interior stateroom with a few perks.
I'll stick with my balcont stateroom! Only because you can see daylight on awakening in the morning.IMHO.
Frosty 4

Posts: 2531 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 10-16-2008 10:14 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frosty 4:
Sure this ship is big and so are these suites. But who really needs this -except for snob appeal. You basically still get the same stuff (food, entertainment, etc.)as an interior stateroom with a few perks.

Yes, but some people ARE prepared to pay a big pemium for such suites. Interestingly the cheapest and most expensive cabins always sell out the quickest on any ship. That's why most cruise lines buils some big suites.

Anyway, by your comments why buy a balconly cabin - because you like them, I assume! If you have money and live in a nice big house why would you want to take a vacation in a small cabin?

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Frosty 4
First Class Passenger
Member # 5826

posted 10-16-2008 12:44 PM      Profile for Frosty 4   Email Frosty 4   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I feel very comfortable with the balcony cabins. Some are a little bigger than others. I would say you only stay 40% of the time in your cabin. Hence they are the ones that offer the best value on a cruise. We only had and interior stateroom once on our first cruise. We have had a suite twice due to upgrades,ocean view a few times and mainly balcony cabins now. Yes, these big suites are fine,but not what I call for me. And we are just the average Middle class US family(actually empty nesters)House,cars(3) all paid for. Retired with NO credit card debt.
Times are bad now with the economy but we still want to cruise(usually once a year) so come Jan.25 we will be on the Solstice for 7 days.
As we all know cruising is addictive,and the BEST vacation value!!!
Frosty 4

Atlcruiser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4586

posted 10-16-2008 12:55 PM      Profile for Atlcruiser   Email Atlcruiser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'll stick with my balcont stateroom! Only because you can see daylight on awakening in the morning.IMHO.
Frosty 4

Well I guess I'm a snob then. LMAO at the comments like the ones that you and a few others make. Just because I like to spend the money for a larger cabin does not make me or anyone else a snob. Maybe you should just skip a cruise or two and seek some help for your inferiority complex.

Sorry folks but I get really tired of this bitching about people who book suites from folks on this board. Totally uncalled for,

Posts: 916 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 10-16-2008 03:35 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Frosty 4

Did it ever occur to you that some people might say "Who really needs a balcony except for the snob appeal?" or even "Who needs to go on a cruise except for the snob appeal?"

Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Frosty 4
First Class Passenger
Member # 5826

posted 10-16-2008 06:17 PM      Profile for Frosty 4   Email Frosty 4   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It would be interesting to see what CTs normally book.---POLL!!
I really don't care what anyone books. But some people flaunt the fact they are in the upper level cabins. If you can afford it--go for it!! Any cabin for me would be OK but Mrs. Frosty wants to see daylight streaming into the cabin each morning,hence the balcony cabin and also she can see what the weather is like by going on the balcony.

Heck, I'd be OK with a crew cabin. Comments made not to anger anyone!!
F4

FL_Cruiser64
First Class Passenger
Member # 13706

posted 10-17-2008 11:14 AM      Profile for FL_Cruiser64   Email FL_Cruiser64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mike sa:
I really fancy these, but the balcony looks a lot smaller than in the artisits impressions, no where near lonh enough for the loungers etc depicted.

Doesn't everything on the renderings look bigger. I think we had that discussion before and how RCI stretched the renderings to make things look bigger.

What is fascinating is that people book based on renderings.

Posts: 219 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
jkwan12345
First Class Passenger
Member # 6304

posted 10-18-2008 01:02 AM      Profile for jkwan12345   Email jkwan12345   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FL_Cruiser64:

Doesn't everything on the renderings look bigger. I think we had that discussion before and how RCI stretched the renderings to make things look bigger.

What is fascinating is that people book based on renderings.

Or, perhaps, they will be just as big as the renderings. There are no humans evident in the picture to use as a scale.

I will reserve judgement about the size until the ship is complete. Same with all other areas.

Posts: 23 | From: Piedmont, CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
FL_Cruiser64
First Class Passenger
Member # 13706

posted 10-19-2008 12:25 AM      Profile for FL_Cruiser64   Email FL_Cruiser64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jkwan12345:

Or, perhaps, they will be just as big as the renderings. There are no humans evident in the picture to use as a scale.

I will reserve judgement about the size until the ship is complete. Same with all other areas.

I am not sure if you missed the discussion we had on here showing the original rendering of CP and the real CP. Someone even "un-stretched" the original rendering which looked much more 'real'.

This thread (link) is not the one I am talking about. But you see two CP renderings. One is the 'unstretched' version and one is the original (as RCI distributed) version.

EDIT: I found it.
Click here!

[ 10-19-2008: Message edited by: FL_Cruiser64 ]

Posts: 219 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 10-19-2008 08:34 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The artist renditions in the case of the OASIS OF THE SEAS all seem to have been exaggerated. Look at the construction pics of the Aqua Theater and the real thing, the slot canyon that is to become CP, as well as the width of the pool decks above the CP. They did themselves a dis-service in these cases, but none the less the finished product will be quite a vessel.

As for the balconies of the Loft Suites and the suites themselves it is quite obvious that those artist renditions too have been stretched to appear larger than the actual product. Go back to these pictures and judge for yourselves...

Posts: 5650 | From: Clarksburg WV | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jekyll
First Class Passenger
Member # 1878

posted 10-19-2008 11:26 AM      Profile for Jekyll   Email Jekyll   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Seems to me that esp. during the art deco period a lot of interior illustrations were "enhanced" to deliver that same capaciousness RCI is attempting to deliver with its "stretched" computer renderings.
Posts: 1524 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SalamisFiloxenia (Tom...)
First Class Passenger
Member # 6702

posted 10-19-2008 01:41 PM      Profile for SalamisFiloxenia (Tom...)   Email SalamisFiloxenia (Tom...)   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
they stole that design from Poseidon...
Posts: 338 | From: weston super mare | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
DEIx15x8
First Class Passenger
Member # 14958

posted 10-19-2008 02:33 PM      Profile for DEIx15x8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure that these loft suite pictures are stretched width wise. The construction pictures appear to be the proper width for a normal cabin. Now look at the artist rendering and imagine that the couch unfolded to a bed. It would go to the edge of the table making the room the same width as a standard room.

VanGogh: Nice job, I've seen that movie but I completely forgot that they had a loft room until you said that.

Posts: 521 | From: Kutztown, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.