- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Norwegian Cruise Line today unveiled and opened for sale the next evolution of its Prima Plus Class, the all-new Norwegian Luna.2026 through November 2026. Norwegian Luna will kick off its inaugural Caribbean season with two western itineraries to Roatan Island, Honduras; Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico; and Harvest Caye, Belize, the Brand's resort-style destination...

Latest News...Grupo Vidanta is thrilled to announce the launch of VidantaWorld's ELEGANT Ultra Mega Yacht, a groundbreaking addition to the world of luxury cruising. This one-of-a-kind mega yacht redefines cruising, combining the exclusivity of a private yacht with the opulence of a luxury liner, setting a new benchmark for high-end experiences. Sailing this year, this adults-only experience....

Latest News...Princess Cruises announced this week that it has added a second Total Solar Eclipse cruise option, this one aboard its newest and most stunning ship – Sun Princess, when the next spectacle takes place in August 2026.The cruise company re-worked the itinerary of the Sun Princess voyage departing Barcelona on August 8, 2026 to position...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Ocean Liners and Classic Cruise Ships   » United States Unlikely To Sail Again (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: United States Unlikely To Sail Again
Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 04-04-2006 10:25 PM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Globaliser:
Actually, if you'd bothered to read Tim's post, you'd see how unrealistic that is. When a feasibility study for a newbuild takes two to three years, why do you expect that a feasibility study for the SSUS should be done in a matter of weeks? How long do you think the work would have taken? Do you think that it would have been sensible for NCL to throw money at her when NCLA (the likely destination of the SSUS) was just starting up, its performance was doubtful and its future was uncertain? In your opinion, should NCL have put the preservation and restoration of the SSUS ahead of all other commercial considerations and made it the company's top priority at that time?

Because that is what, in effect, you are suggesting that NCL should have done. And it is completely unrealistic.

[ 04-03-2006: Message edited by: Globaliser ]

Globaliser I won't say what I think the 'bad things' NCl have done and do you know why? Because no matter what I do say you take it out of context and twist it. I already said I'm a ship fan, not a company one. Since I joined here 12 months ago I've learnt a lot about the good things and the bad they all do. But for some reason you're singling me out when others have slated NCL too over this. And it was Malcolm who originally mentioned about the study going on since 2003 on the first page. I didn't know it had been going on that long. Did you pick every single thing he said apart? No. Have you picked apart every single thing anyone else who disagrees with you has posted? No. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean you and bully me into seeing things your way. I found the article and posted it as I know there's a lot of Big U fans on here. I've enjoyed being on this board but if you're going to be such a bully I'm not coming here again. People can have friendly disagreements without resorting to those tactics.

In response to Ernst and Linerdan before I go, someone posted on one of the Norway threads a few months ago if Kloster was still in charge Norway wouldn't have ended up the way she has. So if NCL/Star Cruises can spend a fortune in berthing fees even after they took her out of the fleet because she had no future with them, who's to say the same thing won't happen with the Big U and Indy? And to date they still haven't said what they're going to do with Norway so it would be a miracle if they said anything at all about their plans for the other two nstead of the same old lines.

Goodbye. It has been fun until now.

Posts: 2023 | From: Hythe, Hants | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 04-04-2006 10:51 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, Patsy don`t be so angry on us (or on NCL ) - let`s have some more friendly agreements and disagrements - that`s what such a forum is about. Don`t take it too personal - your contributions are HIGHLY appreciated and I am sure it can be as much fun as it was during the last months.

So let`s CONTINUE the discussion:

I do not have any informations on the condition of the United States nor any insider information about what NCL indends to do - but if I look at the situation I would say it is credible that NCL is still 'evaluating' what to do with this(ese) ship(s). I do not beleive that this means that 110% of NCL's resources have been or are still working on planning a refit for the United States all around the clock during the last years.
I believe that it 'just' has not yet been decided what to do with these ships - for sure NCL has already plans for the different possible scenarios - but I guess we can not blame them that they do not announce this before any decisions have been made.
Altough I believe that chances are very low that we see the Unites States in service again it seems as if the (small) chance is still alive as she would have been scrapped otherwise. (as posted above, I do not really understand this)

Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
J.S.S.Normandie
First Class Passenger
Member # 6253

posted 04-04-2006 11:56 PM      Profile for J.S.S.Normandie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ernst:
I do not know what has been done - certainly a lot in Bremerhaven.
I guess if it was worth something they did not throw it away. As sad as itmight be, but if one has to get rid of a ship this means that stuff is thrown away.

Usually the interior fittings are removed and sold. They may not be worth much money but the beautiful dining room ect... were priceless.

Posts: 1197 | From: Massachusetts where the Brittania was trapped! | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
J.S.S.Normandie
First Class Passenger
Member # 6253

posted 04-05-2006 12:37 AM      Profile for J.S.S.Normandie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patsy:

I've enjoyed being on this board but if you're going to be such a bully I'm not coming here again.

I hope you don't let one person make you leave this site. I appreciated this post you made, and despite the disagreement by others, I did agree with you. I hope you do not decide to leave.

Posts: 1197 | From: Massachusetts where the Brittania was trapped! | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Globaliser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4153

posted 04-05-2006 05:54 AM      Profile for Globaliser     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
But for some reason you're singling me out when others have slated NCL too over this.
I have no problem with fair criticism and comment. I have no problem with people stating reasonable opinions. I have no problem with people holding different opinions from mine.

But when I read unfair and unreasonable rants like the following, then yes, I will engage:-

quote:
NCL talk crap and tell lies. ... The day they say something honest is the day I'll believe in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy.
I still have one question: Would it have been better if this duplicitous and disgraceful company had never bought the ship?

[ 04-05-2006: Message edited by: Globaliser ]

Posts: 1869 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Linerdan
First Class Passenger
Member # 4719

posted 04-05-2006 06:09 AM      Profile for Linerdan   Email Linerdan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Patsy..........Please check your Private messages box.
Posts: 397 | From: Australia.....NSW......Jervis Bay | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
timb
First Class Passenger
Member # 5901

posted 04-05-2006 10:37 AM      Profile for timb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J.S.S.Normandie:

Usually the interior fittings are removed and sold. They may not be worth much money but the beautiful dining room ect... were priceless.

Until we see said dining room sitting in a rubble heap we are all just speculating based on our own perceptions of what we beleive Star/NCL is capable of. Just another possible scenario to consider is that all the usable fixtures are in storage for future use in a Big U refit rather than selling them. Doing so would save more than they would make in a salvage sale but then that is my perception based on my view that Star/NCL is not inherently evil

Posts: 437 | From: S FL | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 04-05-2006 10:45 AM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why should furniture from the Norway be used aboard the United States? Just because it is "old"?
There is no difference between reusing the furniture from the Norway or using any other (modern) furniture aboard the United States.

Also, not every piece of furniture aboard the Norway is 'preciouse' - most of it is 'ordinary' and probalby worn out - not every piece is "museum quality".

Beside that, the interior of the France / Norway was not that special. It would be nice to such a 60ies interior - but I guess in her case it is more the interplay of the different "parts" which created the atmosphere. A lounge in it's original conditon with all panellings, chairs, tables, ashtrays in place is someting different than a single, rotten 60ies chair. This is not comparable to the craftsmanship found in earlier times where each piece was an attraction in it's own. Don't get me wrong: I have nothing against furniture form the 60ies - but not every piece is outstanding or deserves to be preserved.

[ 04-05-2006: Message edited by: Ernst ]

timb
First Class Passenger
Member # 5901

posted 04-05-2006 11:31 AM      Profile for timb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ernst,

I didn't mean to imply I thought they SHOULD refurninsh Big U with Norway's cast offs but I also don't think we can assume they scrapped anything of value just because it hasn't turned up on the market for sale. To be honest I truely hope they reinvent the Big U in a tasteful up to date way kind of like the winebar interiors they have done on their new builds. I know I know I am a heretic

Posts: 437 | From: S FL | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
J.S.S.Normandie
First Class Passenger
Member # 6253

posted 04-05-2006 11:33 AM      Profile for J.S.S.Normandie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would like to see the dining room from France put on another ship, but I don't think it's very likely. It would be wonderful on US but I think that's pushing it. Of course you can always hope.
As for the furnishings, I have to agree with Ernst about sixties furniture. Most of it is really unspectacular, and it has a special quality which unlike art deco, it looks old after a while. Even in good condition.
Besides most of the furniture is the horrible junk put in in the eighties to replace the origional Frecnch furniture. I would not want that stuff on US.
Personally my hopes for United States is that she be redone in modern stylish decor of today. With some of her origional artwork put back on, ballroom panels ect.. Mixed with modern furniture of today. It's what the designers would have wanted.
Although the France dining room is tempting, I'm not sure if it's right fot that ship. It somehow seems wrong. Like it would be degrading to the bigU to have the dining room from her competator put into her. I'd love to see France's dining room on another ship, or at least in an extavagant French restaurant, but I don't think it's right on US

[ 04-05-2006: Message edited by: J.S.S.Normandie ]

Johan
First Class Passenger
Member # 4458

posted 04-05-2006 12:04 PM      Profile for Johan   Email Johan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In the liner museum "Escal'Atlantique" in Saint-Nazaire, there is a, sort of, recreation of the First Class Fumoir of the France

J

Posts: 1895 | From: Antwerpen, Belgium | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 04-05-2006 12:09 PM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J.S.S.Normandie:
I would like to see the dining room from France put on another ship, .

NCL in Bremerhaven plucked SSNorway like a chicken of all valuables including the art panels from the Dining rooms, Trolland, Debussy room, Internet cafe, stairtowers, and the theatre.

The artwork is timeless and the best France had to offer in the mid 20th century:IMO and would go well into any contemporary interior scheme.

Sailed her April 2001 Eastern Caribbean

Posts: 5727 | From: Philadelphia, Pa [home of the SS United States] | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
J.S.S.Normandie
First Class Passenger
Member # 6253

posted 04-05-2006 12:17 PM      Profile for J.S.S.Normandie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desirod7:

NCL in Bremerhaven plucked SSNorway like a chicken of all valuables including the art panels from the Dining rooms, Trolland, Debussy room, Internet cafe, stairtowers, and the theatre.

The artwork is timeless and the best France had to offer in the mid 20th century:IMO and would go well into any contemporary interior scheme.

Sailed her April 2001 Eastern Caribbean

I just hope that wherever they are they are being well preserved and will someday be reused.
It is timeless and extraordinary, and should be preserved.

Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 04-05-2006 01:23 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by timb:
[...] I truely hope they reinvent the Big U in a tasteful up to date way kind of like the winebar interiors they have done on their new builds. I know I know I am a heretic

I posted it already in another thread: This is a good example how an old ship can be rebuilt - I hate imitations - if the original interior is gone one has to come up with something contemporary:

click here

J.S.S.Normandie
First Class Passenger
Member # 6253

posted 04-05-2006 01:42 PM      Profile for J.S.S.Normandie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ernst:

I posted it already in another thread: This is a good example how an old ship can be rebuilt - I hate imitations - if the original interior is gone one has to come up with something contemporary:

click here

The ships designers would have wanted her to be a modern ship inside and out. I would like to see furniture a liitle less stark than what Ernst presented, maybe pieces like these...

http://www.ethanallen.com/ea/com.ethanallen.ecom.FrameDirectorServlet?top=1&body=1

Along with replica grey star china and some origional art from the ship. Ballroom mirrors, Staircase reliefs, ect....
P.S. I could only find examples of furniture in beige? It's not my color of choice.

Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 04-05-2006 02:31 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like that better too. It was just an example. (Which happens to be the first shio I have ever been on - a lovely Italian built 'pocket size liner". )
mike sa
First Class Passenger
Member # 5957

posted 04-06-2006 12:18 AM      Profile for mike sa   Author's Homepage   Email mike sa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why would we want to the Big U to look like any other ship, she is uniquely American - a true flag ship and should then reflect the very best of what makes the US the nation it is, personally I think the 40s minimal AMERICAN look would be perfect for her - as long as it doesn't end up looking like the POA - FAKE a la Las Vegas / Disney themed type look, as for any fittings from the Norway / France - lets put them into Celebrity's next new build a la Millenium's Olympic Restaurant etc.
Posts: 2272 | From: Durban, South Africa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
J.S.S.Normandie
First Class Passenger
Member # 6253

posted 04-06-2006 12:22 AM      Profile for J.S.S.Normandie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mike sa:
Why would we want to the Big U to look like any other ship, she is uniquely American - a true flag ship and should then reflect the very best of what makes the US the nation it is, personally I think the 40s minimal AMERICAN look would be perfect for her - as long as it doesn't end up looking like the POA - FAKE a la Las Vegas / Disney themed type look, as for any fittings from the Norway / France - lets put them into Celebrity's next new build a la Millenium's Olympic Restaurant etc.

Celebrity? Good idea!

As for US check out my thread on US's new interiors. I hate the typical cheap looking cruise ship decor of today. I want something elegant and modern. She would be classy, that's what would separate her from other ships of today.(exception QM2)

Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 04-06-2006 09:38 AM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
QM2 is certainly a nice ship an stands out COMPARED TO OTHER SHIPS - but finally she is 'only' a more sophisticated version of a contemporary cruise ship - not coming close to what is found ashore. (I know this sounds silly - but I guess you know what I mean)
Neil - Ex P & O & PRINCESS CRUISES
First Class Passenger
Member # 5641

posted 04-07-2006 07:02 PM      Profile for Neil - Ex P & O & PRINCESS CRUISES   Author's Homepage   Email Neil - Ex P & O & PRINCESS CRUISES   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi all

It should be remembered that Star Cruises started life as a casino company and still run big casinos both ashore and on their own ships.

This to my mind means that they are only interested in big profits not classic ships !

If the older ships they own including the ss United States can not be converted to make money for them I would say that it is obvious that they as well as the SS Norway will be scrapped if they can find a way to arrange for it to be done.

The Australian Maritime website which is run by a person who is very enthusiastic about classic ships has now removed all information about both Star Cruises and NCL from his very large shipping website.

He also knows some of the management of Star Cruise and had been their quest on some of their cruise ships.

It is a pity other website did not follow his example !

Neil ( Bob )

Posts: 2355 | From: Dunstable, Bedfordshire. 30 miles north of London | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 04-07-2006 07:07 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A very inadquate move. Why don`t you blame any other cruise line - or actually any other company - for not buying these ships and bringing them back to operation?

It is really strange - I am sure they could easily get the billion of Dollars they would have to spend on such a refit from these myriads of ship enthusiast - but wait - probalby she will then be avoided by this crowd as she won't be rebuilt to her original condition.....

[ 04-07-2006: Message edited by: Ernst ]

PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 04-07-2006 07:19 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Personally I think he is being rather childish, obviously others disagree. Norway existed far longer with NCL than anyone else and it was not cost effective to repair her. if it had been and NCl didn't want her, someone would have bought her. That website is always running some campaign to save a ship, but nothing ever comes of it.

NCL have now removed the 'worth something' artwork for inclusion in future newbuilds [so they say].. they were not removed in Bremerhaven; as Raoul stated in another thread, only the casino bits and the tenders were removed there. If they did intend to scrap her at that point all would have been stripped there imo.

Re casinos.. if that's all NCL/Star cared about, why did they create the NCL America arm? None of those vessels in Hawaii are permitted to have a casino.

IMO, had the Singapore Gov't actually done anything with the proposed bids for the 2 gambling sites, then Norway would have been part of the Sentosa bid for Star.. however as things there have dragged and draaaaaaaaaaaagged, then having Norway hanging around for something that may not happen for years to come is not viable.

Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Neil - Ex P & O & PRINCESS CRUISES
First Class Passenger
Member # 5641

posted 04-07-2006 07:54 PM      Profile for Neil - Ex P & O & PRINCESS CRUISES   Author's Homepage   Email Neil - Ex P & O & PRINCESS CRUISES   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi

Re the NCL cruises to Honolulu.

I thought NCL had said that they would be using American built and crewed ships for the service which was why the bought the United States and the other American liner.

Re the Australian website it should be remembered that without people like those running that website ships like the Funchal would not be in service and cruising from Australia.

What you may not know is that the person behind the website, was from Holland but has lived in Australia since he was about 17.

He was the person who with his company brought the Chinese passenger ship Ming Hau to Australia for cruising plus the Russian CTC cruise lines, which included the old Cunard passenger ships so I think he knows what he talks about which includes classic ships, and cruising from Australia.

It is quite obvious some of you do not know him as well as myself !

He still travels on the newer cruise ships and gives lectures !

Neil ( Bob )

Posts: 2355 | From: Dunstable, Bedfordshire. 30 miles north of London | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 04-07-2006 08:31 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neil Whitmore ( Bob ):
Hi

Re the NCL cruises to Honolulu.

I thought NCL had said that they would be using American built and crewed ships for the service which was why the bought the United States and the other American liner.

The deal with the US Congress was that NCl bought the 2 ACV vessels, one partially built, and one a pile of bits, and shipped them to Germany for completion.. with special dispensation given to permit Norwegian Sky to be reflagged and named Pride of Aloha to start things off.

Pride of America is from more or less the same plans with some amendments from ACV, and Pride of Hawaii purely being a bunch of bits, incorporated every part left over from Pride of America.. apparently enough to satisfy the US authorities she can be US flagged. Part of the deal of getting Congress out of the embarrassing hole with ACV. They are American crewed and pay all the US taxes etc.. but no casinos aboard.

NCL bought Indy & SSUS after this had started, perhaps to stop others buying the.. but who knows? They certainly cost a lot to have just lying around if nothing is planned for them.. but it was stated nothing would be done until the final NCL America vessel was built and up and running.

No I don't 'know' RG only of him and not always perhaps the best side. He was also involved in a few failures.

Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 04-07-2006 09:01 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So should we boycot P&O for retiring the Canberra (...well, let me think about this..) HAL for retiring the Rotterdam, Costa for selling the Eugenio C., Cunard for retiring Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary etc.

Keep it in context - all things on earth are finite.

This is even more anoying as if we look at what we know - or better what we saw happening - NCL did actually soemthing for these vessels.

They operated the Norway for decades (What more do you want?) - they took the risk of buying some older vessels and spend the money to keep them laid up - which at least mantains a small chance that they come back - SO PLEASE STOP THESE CONSPIRACY THEORIES THAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT KEEP THEM OUT OF REACH OF COMPETITORS - IF THIS WAS THE ONLY REASON THESE SHIPS WOULD HAVE BEEN SCRAPPED. (sorry, but I start to get angry....)

[ 04-07-2006: Message edited by: Ernst ]

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.