- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Carnival Corporation today announced that 100% of its ships across the global fleet are equipped with Starlink's high-speed, low-latency global internet connectivity. The completed installation further enhances Carnival Corporation's onboard experience for its guests and crew to provide even faster service, greater capacity, and more reliable Wi-Fi on its fleet of 90-plus ships across its portfolio...

Latest News...Villa Vie Residences, a leading innovator in modern-day residential cruising, proudly announces the new Endless Horizons program, transforming the concept of retirement for adventurers who dream of traveling the world without the hassle of planning or ongoing expenses. With a one-time payment of $299,999 USD for single occupancy and $499,999 USD for double occupancy,...

Latest News...Setting sail today for her debut season from Southampton, Celebrity Cruises’ award-winning ship, Celebrity Apex, is turning heads as she becomes the first ship in the revolutionary Edge Series to call the United Kingdom home. Celebrity Apex will kick off her European season from Southampton with an eight-night Norwegian Fjords cruise. This serene sailing will visit idyllic locations...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Lines   » Cruise ships for refugees? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Cruise ships for refugees?
Cambodge
First Class Passenger
Member # 906

posted 08-30-2005 10:28 PM      Profile for Cambodge   Email Cambodge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lease of Cruise Ships to house homeless from the Gulf South was proposed by a caller, to tonight's Larry King show on CNN. The suggestion was endorsed by FEMA participants on "the panel," in the context that "any and all solutions will be considered."

Of more immediate feasibility, I suggest that BOTH USNS Hospital Ships, the "Mercy" (San Diego) and the "Comfort" (Baltimore) should be deployed to the area immediately. Given the sanitation problems in the area, disease is a real threat. In addition, patients were evacuated from many, non-functioning hospitals in New Orleans, and elsewhere in the stricken area.

Unlike "Mercy's" deployment to the Tsunami area, the Merchant Marine operational crews could move both ships out in a few days, while the medical staff, with equipment, could join them as rapidly as the resources could be assembled. I assume Mercy, converted from a "San Clemente" class of tankers, can traverse the Panama Canal?

[ 08-30-2005: Message edited by: Cambodge ]

Posts: 2149 | From: St. Michaels MD USA , the town that fooled the British! | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
debm3553
First Class Passenger
Member # 3617

posted 08-30-2005 11:37 PM      Profile for debm3553   Email debm3553      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The idea of using the USNS ships is genius. Medical needs are high priority IMHO. Using cruise ships or naval ships for housing is quite an idea. Whoever thought of this should be hired by the government. The government needs creative people. I missed the Larry King show tonight but will try to catch it in repeat. The real miracle is FEMA was willing to listen to the suggestion with an open mind. As they say necessity is the mother of invention and they need a lot of help.
Posts: 48 | From: Mulberry, FL. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bulbousbow
First Class Passenger
Member # 4440

posted 08-31-2005 12:45 AM      Profile for bulbousbow   Author's Homepage   Email bulbousbow   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In a crisis situation like this a 'Pinnacle-sized' cruise ship would be a perfect solution for the homeless. The governemnt should commandeer whatever ships it requires. It is ultimately in the nation's interest.

Cheers

Posts: 6866 | From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jeremya
First Class Passenger
Member # 5699

posted 08-31-2005 03:59 AM      Profile for jeremya   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This same quesiton came to me. Why cant the military send ships to get people out, and get some airboats from Florida to ferry people through the flood waters to get them to safety??

There has to be some law that the government can ask ships to assist in a recovery mission, if all the fleet is in the Middle East and Asia and the Pacific.

This will only get darker before the light begins to shine.

There is too much destruction. with no electricity, no way to get out of the city due to floods, bridges out completely, HOW in god's name will they be able to move all those residents without a major military or civilian ship being commandeered for military service, ala the Falklands, but that was a war mind you.

Just a few suggestions. There are alot of idle ships sitting in drydocks and berths all over the world, why not make use of them to do something good for someone for free!!

Jeremy

[ 08-31-2005: Message edited by: jeremya ]

[ 08-31-2005: Message edited by: jeremya ]

Posts: 377 | From: montreal | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 08-31-2005 06:43 AM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard that there are app. 15 000 people in the Superdome in New Orleans only - so you would have needed not one or two but several ships being there in time.
Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ocean Liners
First Class Passenger
Member # 4013

posted 08-31-2005 07:48 AM      Profile for Ocean Liners     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought that Lake Pontchartrain bank side is lower than Mississippi river bank side.

[ 08-31-2005: Message edited by: Ocean Liners ]

Posts: 4502 | From: Japan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cambodge
First Class Passenger
Member # 906

posted 08-31-2005 08:02 AM      Profile for Cambodge   Email Cambodge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1. OL: You are correct, the Mississippi is higher than the Lake at New Orleans. But BOTH are higher than the city, so it does not make too much difference as the waters flow in.

2. Re my earlier suggestion. The USNS ships only need the "word" from HQ (whomever that may be) to get underway. They should have done so yesterday, IMO. With the exception of the "Prides" all cruise ships are foreign flagged and will require significant negotiation in both fiscal and operational areas...It could take many days. Yes they could be "comandeered" but that can be messy and time-consuming.

3. To DeBM 3553: Yes I used to be "hired by the government." But they did not pay much attention to my ideas then, either..see Vietnam!

[ 08-31-2005: Message edited by: Cambodge ]

Posts: 2149 | From: St. Michaels MD USA , the town that fooled the British! | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ocean Liners
First Class Passenger
Member # 4013

posted 08-31-2005 08:17 AM      Profile for Ocean Liners     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cambodge:
1. OL: You are correct, the Mississippi is higher than the Lake at New Orleans. But BOTH are higher than the city, so it does not make too much difference as the waters flow in.

However, the city is submerged by the flood.

[ 08-31-2005: Message edited by: Ocean Liners ]

Posts: 4502 | From: Japan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Johan
First Class Passenger
Member # 4458

posted 08-31-2005 09:05 AM      Profile for Johan   Email Johan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
According to an article in the Washington Post (I jut got by email), the American Navy is readying 5 ships in Norfolk, among them the hospital ship USNS Comfort, and other ships that carry helicopters and landing craft.

See articlefrom the Washington Post

J

[ 08-31-2005: Message edited by: Johan ]

Posts: 1895 | From: Antwerpen, Belgium | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 08-31-2005 09:54 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THE ASTRODOME! Just announced on Fox News, that 20,000 refugees will be bused to HOUSTON to live in the Astrodome until New Orleans can recover. At least they can have Air condiitoning, food, water, and beds now.

Buses by the hundreds are headed for New Orleans to start the exodus.

Posts: 5650 | From: Clarksburg WV | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cambodge
First Class Passenger
Member # 906

posted 08-31-2005 11:16 AM      Profile for Cambodge   Email Cambodge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Correct, Johan. CNN showed three amphib assault ships; one deep-sea recovery ship (the USS "Grapple" which, as I recall was used to salvage TWA 800 wreckage; and one ship, whose designation eludes me, but seems to be capable of fresh-water generation among other features. The amhiib assault ships have extensive helicopter decks. I wonder if the are transporting LCAC as well? They would be most useful.

And yes, the USNS Comfort is indeed scheduled out of Baltimore ASAP . The Norfolk flotila is already underway. But they need the Mercy from San Diego as well, IMO.

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 08-31-2005 12:33 PM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Air Force One with the President inside just flew over New Orleans low altitude to view the disaster on its way back to washington DC...

And they are talking about having to house the refugees in the Astrodome for 12-16 WEEKS before a possible return to New Orleans.

But with that said, you are talking about dozens and dozens of square miles of residential areas and businesses that will need to be bulldozed to the ground because the homes will no longer be habitable.

[ 08-31-2005: Message edited by: dmwnc1 ]

jeffrossatsea
First Class Passenger
Member # 2962

posted 08-31-2005 02:01 PM      Profile for jeffrossatsea   Email jeffrossatsea   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i suggest they suspend norwegian cruise line's america liner's and send them to the gulf coast until they are no longer needed....being u.s. registry that would be the best option as they have high passenger capacity......comandeering a liner with a flag of convenience (bahamas,bermuda,panama,etc.) would be too costly and the way the economy is going now in the states they need all the money they can get due to this tragedy.....jeff
Posts: 1118 | From: vancouver | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 08-31-2005 02:06 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrossatsea:
i suggest they suspend norwegian cruise line's america liner's and send them to the gulf coast until they are no longer needed....being u.s. registry that would be the best option as they have high passenger capacity......comandeering a liner with a flag of convenience (bahamas,bermuda,panama,etc.) would be too costly and the way the economy is going now in the states they need all the money they can get due to this tragedy.....jeff

It would have taken too long until these vessels would have reached Louisiana and two or three ships would still not be enough.

joe at travelpage
Administrator
Member # 622

posted 08-31-2005 02:29 PM      Profile for joe at travelpage   Author's Homepage   Email joe at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From the AP:

Carnival: Feds Ask About Using Ships
Wednesday August 31, 2:08 pm ET

Carnival Says Federal Government Asks About Using Cruise Ships in Katrina Relief

MIAMI (AP) -- Carnival Cruise Lines said Wednesday the federal government has asked whether its cruise ships could be used as emergency shelters or help Hurricane Katrina relief efforts in some other way.
The world's largest cruise line said that although "to undertake such an endeavor would involve many complicated issues, we are actively taking a look at it."

Carnival operates 21 ships, each of which holds anywhere from about 1,500 to 3,000 passengers.

"It is our intention to work with federal officials to determine the feasibility of moving a ship into the area if that is their desire," the company said.

Posts: 29976 | From: Great Falls, Virginia | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 08-31-2005 03:31 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Carnival is currently "determining the feasibility" according to the article, which translated means they are figuring out how much it will cost the US government. I'm quite certain if Carnival does provide a ship, that it will be compensated in one way or another, either now or in the future. Last I checked Carnival was not in the charity business, but in the business to make money which they do quite well. No doubt the Carnival accountants are quite busy right now.

Get ready for some Carnival ships to be transferred to US Registry but staffed with foreign crews. Watch out NCL America!

Ernie

Posts: 7046 | From: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 08-31-2005 03:46 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For Carnival to provide a ship there are thousands of things to consider, it won't come cheap at all. As you say they are not a charity, and neither will those pax who get 'dumped' consider themselves that charitable & will demand hefty compensation. People elsewhere seem to think Carnival can just provide a ship at the drop of a hat, with no other thought.

Surely there are many other Naval Vessels.. why were they not readied to go before?

Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 08-31-2005 03:54 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PamM:
[...]
Surely there are many other Naval Vessels.. why were they not readied to go before?

Pam

This is what I do not understand at all. This disaster did not come surprisingly: A fleet of ships similar to the vessels now underway could have been waiting at a safe distance for some days already. Also, these ships could also have asissted in the evacuation. (like maybe the one or the other cruise ships)
I think now it is a bit late to deploy cruise ships - this woiuld need at least some preparation and also manouvring such a ship in this area will not be that easy and smooth now.

Using cruise ships as a prelimiary quater for now homless is probably not reasonable for a longer period as it might be required.

eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 08-31-2005 03:58 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PamM:
For Carnival to provide a ship there are thousands of things to consider, it won't come cheap at all. As you say they are not a charity, and neither will those pax who get 'dumped' consider themselves that charitable & will demand hefty compensation.

Pam

Very true Pam, many details to work out. Of course if the situation is urgent enough, and they need to get people out .. the basic concern will be can a large ship get in and out of NOLA, and can it safely dock? Once loaded, I assume the ship will leave NOLA and dock in another state that has full provisioning capability (fuel, garbage removal, food, etc.). Of course the other minor detail is how Carnival gets compensated. Judging by the governments willingness to overspend in these circumstances (and in general), Carnival stands to gain a good deal of money and also positive publicity as the cruise line that "saved" the residents of NOLA.

I find it interesting that only Carnival was "approached". Is is possible that other cruise lines were also approached but did not make it public? Maybe the Carnival PR machine at work?? Nothing like taking the steam out of RCI's "big" announcement today. I would guess that NCL America has the closest relationship with the US government?

Ernie

Cambodge
First Class Passenger
Member # 906

posted 08-31-2005 04:00 PM      Profile for Cambodge   Email Cambodge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pam/Ernst:

Just consider what you have suggested: Ships are based in ports and are staffed by people. They cannot be orbiting around in the sea waiting for a requirement for their use. The target and magnitude of the hurricaine were not really know until a day or two before it struck. No storm in history has required the land-sea-and-air resources that are now required. Once it hit, and the magnitude of the disaster was known, I believe the response was well-coordinated and effective. It is not quite the same as the B-52 crews sitting under the wing of their ship, ready to scramble when the horn goes "AH-OOO-GAH!"!

Today is Wednesday. On Sunday, the storm hit. The magnitude of the impact on people and geography was known by Mid-Monday. The requirements were assessed, and today, five Naval ships are underway from US Atlantic Ports. This is not a simple task. Crews must be assembed; fuel and supplies loaded; and, as knowledge of the mission increaes, special stores based on the operational requirements of the mission are packed aboard. All in two days! Pretty damn good, as I see it!

The Iwo Jima Amphibious Readiness Group sailed today from Norfolk, Va., loaded with disaster response equipment and is expected to reach the Louisiana coast in five days. The group consists of USS "Iwo Jima," USS "Shreveport," USS "Tortuga" and "USNS Arctic."

Four are amphibious assault ships in varying configurations and with capacious flight decks capable of handling many helicopters at one time, as would be needed in support of a military operation. That's pretty good turnaround, not quite the same as leaving the keys in the switch and engines idling, but a good response as I see it.

The USS "Grapple" was hastily added to the fleet. And in Baltimore, the USNS "Comfort" sails tonight.

Given our experiences in other, even catastropic hurricaines in the past, no one could expect more-detailed pre-planning, beyond a general state of readiness, that they have exhibited at this time.

Also, now hear this, Malcom, I understand they are carrying many LCAC (read military assault hovercraft) which could be invaluable in the stricken areas. There would be a problem in operating in narrow flooded streets and canals, but they could supply isolated refugee gathering points with food, water, and people evacuation as needed.

Marines and LCAC were used in Bangladesh after a typhoon with considerable success, as I remember. No, they did not deploy there, they were returning to the USA after participating in Gulf War I, and "happened to be in the neighborhood" when the typhoon struck.

The amphibious assault ships have such amenities as fresh-water distillation equipment, a significant medical component (remember they were designed to support battle casualties, in addition to their other dutries), and will be on scene faster than the USNS Comfort, sailing from Baltimore tonight. There is an additional amphibious support vessel, the USS "Bataan" in the area already participating by supplying heavy-lift helicopers.

I still expect the USNS "Mercy" from San Diego to eventually join up, one the magnitude of the requirements are revealed.

And there is talk of building some 40+ field hospitals!

eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 08-31-2005 04:28 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's also interesting to watch just how swiftly the relief efforts are being organized, and also how well they are coordinated. I would imagine what is happening in NOLA is a good benchmark to judge how well the US would respond to a major terrorist attack on a US city. In fact it's doubtful a terrorist attack could do as much damage as mother nature did to NOLA, but you never know.

It's also sad to see all the looting. I think some people are looting just to survive (markets are closed, no food, diapers, etc.), but others are looting things like computers and TV's. Last night there were dozens of car-jackings by desperate people trying to get out of the city. NOLA right now really is like a city under attack. Frankly I don't think authorities moved in quick enough to keep the public under control and safe. Residents are having to take matters into their own hands becoming vigilantes.

Ernie

steeplechase
First Class Passenger
Member # 4056

posted 08-31-2005 08:06 PM      Profile for steeplechase   Author's Homepage   Email steeplechase   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Would you want to ruin a ship to help out this bunch of looters? What could they charge for the ruined ship? Cruise ships good ideal for 5000 people not 100,000. Get everybody out of there and start over. Looters have now started a fire that is threating the french quarter. ANd by the way where is all of our help from foreign countries? I have not heard a peep about that yet. Us Americans are real suckers!*** News Flash*** $4.50 a gallon gas in Atlanta Georgia thanks Middle East for the help. And before anybody chimes in that they have been paying that in their country for years we already know however your is high because of taxes ours is high because of energy company greed gas in the ground went up 22 cents in 10 hours that is greed not a shortage.

[ 08-31-2005: Message edited by: steeplechase ]

Posts: 663 | From: elkton maryland | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 08-31-2005 08:32 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There were 2 or 3 days prior to Katrina hitting land where the news was full of what would happen to NO if that's where she made landfall. With that in mind I do think some effort to ready the ships could have been made over the weekend. They are Naval ships which should be ready to leave port almost immediately, not wait for an asssessment of the situation first with the distance that needs to be covered. If when that's made and they are half way there, then not needed, so what, they come home. At least the US still has a useable Navy, which is more than we do.. except for being able to retrieve stranded Russian subs.

I am not so sure it would be a good idea to send Mercy too? all eggs in one basket etc..

The airport is open for relief, with a field hospital in one terminal. People can now be evacuated by aircraft, just as long as the looters are those left behind.

Pam

PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 08-31-2005 08:43 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by steeplechase:
ours is high because of energy company greed gas in the ground went up 22 cents in 10 hours that is greed not a shortage.

If there is no shortage, why are the US Government opening up the strategic reserves? Since announcing that the price has dropped again. 9 refineries are closed & a minimum of 20 rigs adrift or sunk, that's a heck of a loss in production.

Pam

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 08-31-2005 08:52 PM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With the current number of refugees being added to those already housed in the Superdome, and those already in shelters in Houston, you are looking at trying to accomodate 80-100,000 people. I dont think cruise ships are the answer. It would take more than 2 dozen cruise ships to do this effectively. And where would they all dock to provide continuous power and water? Since the refugees are already being transfered to an overwhelmed Houston, all these ships would have to be spread out all over Teaxs. Is this what we want to do? And they would need to be accomodated for the estimated 12-16 weeks it is going to take to bring this city back to the point to where refugees can return. And the American government cannot just commandeer or seize foreign flagged cruise ships for this as it is not a state of War.

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.